Unitrol Touchmaster Delta

tjayfire17

Jul 16, 2010
Kinder, Louisiana
I just got a new Touchmaster Delta and I'm trying to get the RLS button to run sweep mode. What wires do I have to connect to get the RLS to work?

theolog

Dec 27, 2010
North Carolina
I did the same with mine.

If I recall correctly, the RLS button is standing in for the horn ring relay, which is wiring position 11 and 12 on the back of the control box. So you have to have a wire that connects RLS (2) to horn ring (11 and 12), which makes the RLS momentary button function as the "override/sweep" button.

Here is the installation manual:

http://www.fedsig.com/products/docs/install/22-UTMD-00.pdf

There are phone numbers in there as well, and it is surprisingly easy to get a real technician on the phone if you have any questions.

WS224

Nov 28, 2010
West Tennessee
tjayfire17 said:
I just got a new Touchmaster Delta and I'm trying to get the RLS button to run sweep mode. What wires do I have to connect to get the RLS to work?

If it's new and you just got it, read the directions. They might tell you.

shott8283

Jun 2, 2010
Western NY
EVModules said:
Run ignition wire to ground. Jump connections "RLS" and "RNG".

ive just tried this and it doesnt work. any ideas?

the ignition wire you mean is the yellow one out of the back that runs next to the primarys?

also. does the RLS jumper need to land to the RNG and HRN terminals or just the RNG ? from the schematic it looks like to just the RNG

EVModules

May 16, 2010
Deer Park, WA
Yes, that yellow wire that runs next to the primaries. The jumper just needs to run between RLS and RNG. That's it. The yellow wire is a "dry circuit" for the RLS circuit, in other words, not connected to anything else but the output.

If you're having issues, run the siren and touch RNG to ground. If it doesn't work, something's wrong with the siren.

ttjustin12

May 1, 2011
Honeoye, NY
I'm having the same issue with the rls switch on my unit....i've tried all the suggestions and its not working....the siren does work on sweep/or function when grounding rng so its not the siren...

tjayfire17

Jul 16, 2010
Kinder, Louisiana
ttjustin12 said:
I'm having the same issue with the rls switch on my unit....i've tried all the suggestions and its not working....the siren does work on sweep/or function when grounding rng so its not the siren...

What you can do is get a momentary switch with 3 male connectors and run a wire from RLS to one, RNG to the other and power from the battery to the last connector. It worked perfectly for me.

ttjustin12

May 1, 2011
Honeoye, NY
and then use the momentary switch to cycle?

tjayfire17 said:
What you can do is get a momentary switch with 3 male connectors and run a wire from RLS to one, RNG to the other and power from the battery to the last connector. It worked perfectly for me.

EVModules

May 16, 2010
Deer Park, WA
Enable the siren (ready mode) and touch the RNG to ground.

If it does work, the issue's with the RLS circuit. Test for continuity between RLS and Ignition when depressing the switch. You can do this by wiring a light to it, (positive on Ign, output on RLS)

If it doesn't work, you'd need to address the siren horn ring input which needs to be addressed.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.