Unitrol Touchmaster with Dual mode option

SFD516

May 27, 2010
Scott, Louisiana
Unitrol UTM-4 had the factory option to make it a dual unit, this is my UTM-4 with that option the secondary amp. is an 80K, when ever you hit wail or hi-lo in Pos. 3 it will activate both sirens, same as dual 80k or Dual Omega siren set ups. Very effective siren as one amp can stay in wail as the other performs sweep(lets you keep your hands on the wheel).

ai757.photobucket.com_albums_xx220_SFD516_th_512Tahoe.jpg

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
This is exactly what I want, if I ever get to have RL&S in my POV!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MtnMan

Dec 20, 2012
Eastern PA
Nice setup!

I'm not usually a fan of Hi-Lo or "telephone" (Futura, Hetro, or whatever they call it) tones by themselves, but they're great in dual arrangement.

WA8IQO

Jun 24, 2011
N-A
This thread has been dead for a while but...

How do you know if the Touchmaster has the factory installed option for the dual siren?

Reactions: AJ3814

Wailer

May 24, 2010
Canada
Nice setup!

I'm not usually a fan of Hi-Lo or "telephone" (Futura, Hetro, or whatever they call it) tones by themselves, but they're great in dual arrangement.
I don't mind the 'telephone ring' as an alternative tone, but I find the wail tone painful to listen to.

To my ears, the Unitrol Touchmaster / 80K wail tone sounds like a toddler throwing a screaming tantrum.  

The Omega wail tone is not bad.  It's not so screamy sounding.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.