Unity LED bulb warranty through Ford?

13TTPP

Feb 11, 2016
San Antonio, Tx
Hi, new to the forums but not the subject matter. Approximately 1 year ago I purchased a 2013 Ford Interceptor sedan used with all of 700 miles on the odometer. The car came equipped with 2 LED spotlights, and I also purchased a premium care warranty to 100k or so. The driver side spot appears as though all of the screws inside the dome have come loose and I have noticed some condensation inside the assembly. Other than the condensation and the sound of the screws rattling inside, function does not appear to have been affected. Should I remove and attempt to unseal, fix, and re-seal the bulb or take the car into the dealer? Or is there a 3rd option?

Thanks for any response,
13TTPP

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    124.4 KB · Views: 20

UnityUSA

Nov 25, 2015
Chicago IL
The vehicle warranty may not be an option. I don't know if it covers spotlights, but even if it does, based on the picture those LED lamps did not come from Ford. They would have been added in the aftermarket.

We would not recommend opening the LED lamp, but that is up to you if you feel comfortable doing that. There is a 3rd and 4th option.

3rd option is you can send the LED lamps to us. Once they are received and inspected we would either return those ones fixed or a replacement if that is deemed necessary. If you don't want to wait for that process you could order new lamps through our website and we can credit back the order once we receive and inspect your lamps.

4th option: since your lights are working fine probably not what you want to do, but we have almost the same LED at a big discount. Your lamp is U-8547 LED. We had first generation that had some minor EMI radio interference when the light was turned on. We call these Z-8547. They work the same other than radio interference at 240-360 KHz range that only exists when the light is turned on. Normal U-8547 is $266.66. Z-8547 is $110.00

http://www.unityusa.com/Z-8547-6dia-LED-Clear-Spot-Lamp-EMI_p_2050.html

Reactions: JohnMarcson

13TTPP

Feb 11, 2016
San Antonio, Tx
Ford used to allow you to view the original window sticker by VIN, they have either stopped or limited how far back you can pull one up. My VIN:
1fahp2mt7dg100078 if anyone knows how to retrieve the window sticker today. Point being, I assure you both were selected on the option sheet at a $300 premium over the standard. I thought I had saved the pdf somewhere in my archives but am unable to locate it now. I will consider my options, thanks for your response!

13TTPP

Feb 11, 2016
San Antonio, Tx
This is a snap from the Ford EITS or ETS by my VIN, clearly indicating the car was ordered/built with both spotlights.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    339 KB · Views: 9

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.