Unity spotlight question

ryan81986

Apr 13, 2011
Boston, MA
Just out of curiosity, I know there are different models of unity spotlights depending on the vehicle. However is that just for the mount it comes with or are there different sized spotlights for different applications?

I.E will a spotlight for a Crown Vic work in say like a Tahoe, Impala, etc or vice versa if the mounting kit is already installed in the vehicle?

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
I believe there is a 5" and a 6" lamp/housing... But the only thing that is vehicle specific is the mount istelf... I believe everything else (like the pole and the handle) are the same with either lamp size...

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
TritonBoulder47 said:
I believe there is a 5" and a 6" lamp/housing... But the only thing that is vehicle specific is the mount istelf... I believe everything else (like the pole and the handle) are the same with either lamp size...

Not entirely correct, the shaft length can be different on any vehicle. So you may not be able to take a Tahoe spotlight and put it in a Caprice, or other vehicle etc.

May 25, 2010
Tunkhannock, PA, USA
K9Vic said:
Not entirely correct, the shaft length can be different on any vehicle. So you may not be able to take a Tahoe spotlight and put it in a Caprice, or other vehicle etc.

My bad, I completely forgot about ther shaft length, I was more concentrated on its diameter... lol

C2Installs

May 24, 2010
Tennessee
Unity also has a smaller handle for some applications. For example, the new Interceptor from Ford uses a significantly smaller handle. Also, be very careful to make sure the spotlight is rotated out of the way when opening the hood on the new Interceptor...

K9Vic

May 23, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
C2Installs said:
Also, be very careful to make sure the spotlight is rotated out of the way when opening the hood on the new Interceptor...

Wow, there are going to be allot of damaged spotlights with that as you know that the shop will forget about that or officer if they check their own vehicles under the hood. Seems like Ford or Unity will need to do something about that as this will likely be a problem, but likely just a safety alert.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.