Unity "Unirack II" light bar (Detroit PD)

kerry4951

Mar 10, 2014
Central Pa
Recently acquired this vintage Unity Unirack II light bar. It resembles the set up that the Detroit PD used back in the 70's. The major difference is that some of theirs were equipped with the blue Spitfire domes, which I would love to add to this bar some day. For now it will have to display the solid blue domes. It has (2) Unity RV-25s and an Atlas Siren. Overall the bar is in excellent condition and works perfectly.002 (2).JPG 004 (2).JPG 005 (2).JPG

jph2

Apr 21, 2012
USA Michigan
That is super sweet and I'm jealous! I would love a find like that! I must say, however, I can't believe it really works unless, of course, you've got video...

Pete L.

May 21, 2010
Virginia (south/central)
That picture brought back a flood of memories............
I can remember back in the 70's, going up to Detroit for a
police funeral. There were a couple of K9 cars there that were
Ford Torinos. They had those lightbars but they had broken off
the "To" from the emblems on the side of the cars and they called themselves "Rino" cars. WOW........blast from the past.

Reactions: Windycity411

Pete L.

May 21, 2010
Virginia (south/central)
It isn't a picture of the lightbar in use. The picture and the lightbar are not the same.

GOOD LUCK finding BLUE spitfire domes for the RV25 lights.
His bar gets it as close as possible, these days.
I'd kill for his bar (can't afford it) but I'd love that version with the
4 sealed beam beacons.

Anyone have a pic of that ??

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.