Universal gutter brackets?

Frooom

Dec 6, 2012
NH
Anyone know of any MFG or brand that makes a universal gutter bracket? STL has one but 20 on top to ship makes it not affordable. Example:

I have a 911EP Millenium but the whelen crown vic mounts with it are not going to work for me.

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
The straps in the link are for a gutterless application. Note the two holes for sheet metal screws. What's your application?

Frooom

Dec 6, 2012
NH
The straps in the link are for a gutterless application. Note the two holes for sheet metal screws. What's your application?
Hey shues, could be a difference in terminology, I thought those are gutter brackets because they screw into place where the rain gutter for the door seal is? I guess let me rephrase: the straps STL shows there would work for me but I am a cheap bastard and don't want to pay 20 dollars in shipping. I was given a pair like this: https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/02EAAOSwbKtglHxt/s-l640.jpg and they won't work at all. I did try to take a contour for what I need with some semi-rigid nickel, but I don't have the tools to reproduce the bends.

The feet on the millennium seem to be 32" apart, and I measured that I had 56" from side to side (roof to rubber gasket), cause I memorized 32" with 11" to either side. Obviously the bolt to go from the hook on the bar to whatever bracket can eat a lot of that distance, but still. IDK what do do.

DUR: application is a 2017 Nissan Titan XD

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
Gotcha. Generally, domestic passenger cars had gutters until the late 80s or early 90s, and domestic pickups had gutters until the late 90s.

Your application is gutterless for sure. There are no gutters in the pictures you posted. But knowing that factbalone won't help get your lightbar mounted.

What needs to be different about the Whelen Crown Vic straps to make them work for you?

Frooom

Dec 6, 2012
NH
It might be hard to describe but essentially the whelen brackets have a double bend that is prohibited by the ridge that sticks outward above my fingers. I am sort of tempted to gete some aluminum from a hardware store and try to make a bend that will work, just lack tools to make a proper bend. Or to measure the bend I need.

Frooom

Dec 6, 2012
NH
I tried to label but this is my roofline. I used this to take the contour. The leftmost bump is the edge I am having trouble with. Green is where the door seals/closes. The rightmost dip is a rain channel about 2" in. The bottom red label is where screws need to go.
IMG_1148.jpg

Frooom

Dec 6, 2012
NH
Maybe this helps. Black is roofline. Red is desired bracket. Blue would be where screws can go.

Untitled.jpg

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
I'll check what I have and get back to you when I can. If someone else has what you need and can get them to you sooner, all the better!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.