Unknown NYC Pickup Responding

Gotta be the H... lol Lightbar on the roof, and what appears to be a D&R bar in the bed plus the ungodly ammount of frontal warning and a rumbler/howler... lol

In the video where it is the pickup responding by itself after he posted the vid a friend told him it was a CBRNE unit, so maybe it belongs to DEP.

Here is the vid of just the truck:

I would guess Hatzolah as well. Way way to many lights to be NYPD, FDNY or NYDEP

He says in the comments its the same CBRNE unit as this one, but it clearly isn't

and yes, that ESU REP is actually a DEP unit

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 on "the H"...tacky and way too many lights mounted in all sorts of places + i wouldn't be surprised if it had up to 4 speakers in it

RyanZ71 said:
That howler, while I am sure it is somewhat effective, make the thing sound hideous.

So what? The powercall isn't a beautiful sound either, but it does its job (getting peoples' attention)

pdk9 said:
+1 on "the H"...tacky and way too many lights mounted in all sorts of places + i wouldn't be surprised if it had up to 4 speakers in it
So what? The powercall isn't a beautiful sound either, but it does its job (getting peoples' attention)

So? some of us like a little dignity in sirens and lights and would rather dress in women's clothes than drive something sounding so horrible.

That howler certainly doesn't sound 'pretty' but I love it and they are super effective, especially in a noisy urban environment such as NYC.

5:14 mark, FDNY Tahoe or Suburban with a Whelen Val-U-Bar Hi Rise.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
policegear