Unmanned '67 Chevelle causes crash on I5 in Washington

Turd Ferguson

Jul 3, 2011
Sumner, Wa
Story from KOMO News Seattle

So a quick lesson in trailering vehicles, in case anyone has any questions, to make sure this doesn't happen to you,

1. Use chain and tensioner/binder, secured to the axle of the vehicle (Forget the towing points, those are for tow trucks)

2. Be sure that your chains are "pulling" in opposite directions

3. Before hitting the road, make sure you have removed ALL slack from the chains.

My guess is that the person in the video missed at least one of these points. :eek::oops:

Impala9C1

Sep 28, 2018
Arizona
My civilian Impala and another car were totaled by a Chevelle a few years ago by an unconscious extreme DUI. It may as well of been unmanned. My car is fixed up and on the road, doubt his is. I got it on dashcam too.

Turd Ferguson

Jul 3, 2011
Sumner, Wa
If you still have it, I'd like to see that video.

Impala9C1

Sep 28, 2018
Arizona
The video is 302MB. Here are some stills from it. He was arrested minutes later. Still have not gone to court yet. I only know that the other car was worse off than me with injuries and damage. I replaced a side mirror, front door, back window, and had to skin graph the quarter panel a bit. Add on painting, pin striping, etc. The passenger door was fixable. I bought a wrecked donor Impala for the parts/material to live on in 3 Impalas I now have.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 19
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    88.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    92.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 22
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 21
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    97.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 20
Jun 18, 2013
PA
looks like a Nova, not a Chevelle.

Nolines

Apr 5, 2018
Margate, FL
Didn't the Chevy Malibu have a similar rear end as well?? Looks like a 80s version esp since Chevelle's were over by the 70's

Turd Ferguson

Jul 3, 2011
Sumner, Wa
I just went by the news report, in all honesty.

Turd Ferguson

Jul 3, 2011
Sumner, Wa

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.