Unmarked Police 508

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
Unmarked with a different flavor.... French LE latest cars, 2012 508 Peugeot in Code3 mode... (Yeah, I know whacha gonna say.. ;) )

Station 3

May 21, 2010
Edinburg Texas
He needs to throw his rotator on the roof. And change the split fail LOL but it is a nice unit.

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
Although 360 viz is the reg here as well, this service attached to dignitary protection (our national Secret Service of sorts) usually don't bother.

As for the grille lights... it seems to depend on the car. The gov installers seem to never have figured there were pattern selectors or synch wire... Depending on the car, it's either split or both heads flashing together ! :)

Despite the lack of side and rear warning, this is still one of our best and most recent type of car and install.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
It's actually pretty amazing that it has grille lights to begin with.

As for the split flash pattern... Baby steps. One step at a time. They might add a set of rear warning lights by about 2020 or so... no split flash by about 2035... :D

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
Cheap shot !!

But true though... we are far behind our British neighbors.

But it might get better faster than you think...

See this 2011 Renault Laguna for instance.... It's getting there !!

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
Hello again ! :)

No it's not.

Just an impression as all other windows + hatch glass are heavy tinted. ;)

Same on this one .... Even the front windows look dark although they are not tinted at all.

508 DCPS.jpg

DCPS 5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France

I'm ashamed... :( The grille LEDs are off-pattern !

Last edited by a moderator:

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
Well, it's getting there slowly... 5 years ago an unmarked had a two-tone, a halogen teardrop and an illuminated "POLICE" sunvisor.

It's stil the case with most precinct plain wrappers and CID cars.

Some units (especially the ones covering Dignitary protection... Our version ofthe Secret Service if you will) are getting new cars and more "fancy" (for France!) equipment.

Intersection warning hasn't made it yet, but we start to see blue rear deck LEDs here and then on dark blue official government cars with tinted windows. Sometimes even corner LEDS in white have been seen, but it's still very seldom, such those two units upfitted respectively by Eurotec and Maxie Avenue :

782e660fb6.jpg

0528ef661a.jpg

1966-DSC02629.jpg

1962-DSC02625.jpg

Jun 18, 2012
Virginia
I like the illuminated POLICE on the sunvisors- I got a couple good pictures of them when I was in Paris in 2007. Glad to see that the lighting overall is improving as well.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Advancedstreet

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.