Unmarked Tahoe- Manhattan St. Patrick's Day Parade

cbpdogboy

May 23, 2010
Detroit, MI
I like how the laws are synced on the luggage rack as well as the rear two light bars being synced. It would have been nice if the entire rear was synced but the flash pattern is slow enough to be effective right now...

Last edited by a moderator:

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
i love this tahoe. personally, i would've reconfirgured the rear dominators and the front inner edge (so there aren't adjacent lightheads flashing different colors at the same time), but the patterns are slow, so it's not too bad in terms of the "blur." It's actually one of the few split flash pattern installs that i really like. too bad that only the supervisor/commander vehicles are lit up like time square, while a bunch of unmarked RMPs lack important things like any form of side warning lol.

SnuffJ25

May 25, 2010
Penacook, NH
I'm sure the NY or NYPD guys on this board can elaborate better than I can, but I know NYPD has a handful of these black suburbans/tahoes with similar light set-ups. I know that Bloomberg and the NYPD Commissioner have one.

Its kind of an odd set up; Interior front and rear lightbars, with lightbars on the roof rack look kinda strange, but oh well.

Joe

Dec 4, 2011
US NC
SnuffJ25 said:
I'm sure the NY or NYPD guys on this board can elaborate better than I can, but I know NYPD has a handful of these black suburbans/tahoes with similar light set-ups. I know that Bloomberg and the NYPD Commissioner have one.

Its kind of an odd set up; Interior front and rear lightbars, with lightbars on the roof rack look kinda strange, but oh well.

Joe

That unusual setup is also called a giant waste of money.

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
They're Chief's cars I believe, they all are like that. Kelly's car has an American Flag on the back.

I like the hybrid Tahoes though. Saw a whole bunch of them over by ESU and Aviation the other day.

arsenal10

Jun 9, 2010
California
911 said:
we are sure, the st patricks day parade this year was on a saturday which happends to be shabbos, so hatzolah cannot drive........

It was meant in sarcastic context :)

Who responds on Shabbat when care is needed?

firedude

Apr 6, 2011
NY
911 said:
we are sure, the st patricks day parade this year was on a saturday which happends to be shabbos, so hatzolah cannot drive........

arsenal10 said:
It was meant in sarcastic context :)

Who responds on Shabbat when care is needed?

TheGatekeeper said:
I was gonna ask the same question...

Hatzolah still operates on Saturdays, they are exempt from the Shabbat because they are providing a life-saving service to the community.

May 22, 2010
New York City
firedude said:
Hatzolah still operates on Saturdays, they are exempt from the Shabbat because they are providing a life-saving service to the community.

yes, they can only drive TO the emergency call...... usually a shabbos driver drives it back..........

they would not be cruising the parade route is the main thing

Alboy29

Aug 8, 2011
United STates, New York
FireEMSPolice said:
Hybrid..ugh!

Sorry, Hybrids have no place in emergency services

Agree and disagree, While patrol, or anything even close to it should definately not have a hybrid, the bosses who use these cars for nothing more than take-home cars, and assignments at big events should definately have hybrids. Seeing as they RARELY if ever respond, and if they do they are probably driving normal speed just with the lights on..

Patrol no hybrid, Big Wigs, not doing much field work sure

HILO

May 20, 2010
Grand Prairie Texas
Why, exactly, is a hybrid a bad thing for dense urban patrol? Most hybrids are actually able to accelerate quicker due to having direct drive motors at the wheels, not to mention have better weight distribution for handling than their gasoline counter parts. 0-60 tests between the Hybrid Tahoe and CVPI are pretty even. Of course, the CVPI is a slow turd, so that might not be saying much! Aside from the Hybrid not being pursuit rated, why is it bad vehicle for patrol?

Alboy29

Aug 8, 2011
United STates, New York
HILO said:
Why, exactly, is a hybrid a bad thing for dense urban patrol? Most hybrids are actually able to accelerate quicker due to having direct drive motors at the wheels, not to mention have better weight distribution for handling than their gasoline counter parts. 0-60 tests between the Hybrid Tahoe and CVPI are pretty even. Of course, the CVPI is a slow turd, so that might not be saying much! Aside from the Hybrid not being pursuit rated, why is it bad vehicle for patrol?

For Patrol, the engines and Hybrids just are not capable of handling the Things that normal cars do.

When i drove a Fusion hybrid i got it up to 80, responding, and then it practically stalled out shutting off a few times.

Hybrids are good for the Bosses, or cars that are used more for just events like this or A to B details, Patrol etc.

Response in a hybrid over a period of time is something that i feel the cars can not yet handle...

But i am not FULLY AGAINST HYBRIDS, seeing how they can actually be practical in the workplace if used right.

Snibsey

Sep 12, 2012
UK
TheGatekeeper said:
Even for NYPD, the back is really overkilled....

I count 32 light heads on the rear of that vehicle. Would someone explain how it is that other drivers manage not to drive into the back of it when only the OEM brake, turn and tail lights are in use.

Rather than enhancing safety such a plethora of blinkies only causes confusion and distraction.

vc859

Oct 31, 2010
USA/ New York
I kind of think that this unit would only be running in a convoy or on closed roads. So I don't think confusion of drivers is a big problem

Snibsey

Sep 12, 2012
UK
vc859 said:
I kind of think that this unit would only be running in a convoy or on closed roads. So I don't think confusion of drivers is a big problem

An even better reason for not wasting the public dollar on turning the back of the vehicle into a mobile disco.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.