Unreleased LED Dash Light (advancedwarninglights.com) – PHOTO HEAVY

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
Mike at LED Outfitters let me do a review on this light before it went on sale. The light will be sold by LED Outfitters, of whom I am a distributor for. Expected arrival date is around the end of September and will be in the $100-160 price range (I was told closer to the $100). To say the least, I am impressed!

2 modules, 9-1 watt LEDs per module, 18 LEDs total.

Packaging:

The light arrived in a form fitting box which was inside another shipping box. The light itself was wrapped in a clear plastic bag. The box was intact without puncture holes in it from shipping, and the light arrived in perfect condition. Included in the box was the light and cigar plug with on/off switch and pattern selector. I would like to see the light come with a little more padding within the box.

Fit And Finish:

The light is very well constructed. It is made out of a strong plastic. The flashback shield is very sturdy and fits nice and flush to the light. The shield is held nice and tightly against the body of the light with 4 screws in the bottom of the light housing. The rear of the bar, unlike previous dash lights from LED Outfitters, does not include a button for switching flash patterns. This, I foresee, may be an issue with customers who would like to cut the cigar plug off, and therefore won’t have any way to change the pattern on the light housing. The cigar plug is a nice change from previous products. The plug resembles the cigar plugs from Feniex. Included are two switches, an on/off and pattern selector button. I love the new cigar plug; it is much less bulky than previous plugs offered by LED Outfitters.

Hardware:

The bar will come with a flashback shield and bail bracket with suction cups. I was not provided with the bail bracket or suction cups due to the fact that I was only doing a review.

Performance:

This light is BRIGHT! (see video) I first tested it inside and went blind for a few seconds after turning it on. I am very impressed with the brightness of this light. The off-axis view is great, pure color is punched out even at an angle. Perhaps the brightness can be accounted by the 2 additional LEDs (the dual linear traffic enforcer only has 16 LEDs)

Overall:

Depending on the final price, I think that this light is going to give the other popular dash lights a run for their money. The fantastic light output, solid construction, and convenient size makes it a dash light that will be very desirable. I am looking forward to selling this light on my site!

Below are the many pictures I took of the bar. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Tom

Video:

Photos:

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a330_tomnorcross_Lights_157963aa.jpg

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a330_tomnorcross_Lights_af0086b6.jpg

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a330_tomnorcross_Lights_0505f642.jpg

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a330_tomnorcross_Lights_bab86d43.jpg

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a330_tomnorcross_Lights_ca0a3a74.jpg

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a330_tomnorcross_Lights_b732f3b0.jpg

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a330_tomnorcross_Lights_671ff81e.jpg

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a330_tomnorcross_Lights_66ab3288.jpg

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a330_tomnorcross_Lights_c7ebfe0a.jpg

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a330_tomnorcross_Lights_b228b0ff.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
@thebluesignal

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.