UPDATE 11-02-14: 08 Impala (Non 9C1)

acala91

Oct 15, 2010
FL
Looks good. Personally I would move the talon off the dash and put it above the RVM and change the rear lights to a solid pattern. 

westville2021

Aug 8, 2010
LaPorte, IN
Fyi everyone. Indiana law for Volunteer Firefighters is no more than 4 blue light assemblies and it does not require 360 degree coverage. HLF's and HAW's do not count towards the 4 light limit. Also Indiana's Blue light law is a courtesy light not an emergency vehicle.

Also keep in mind I'm trying to keep the hole drilling to a minimum. That said, I do wish I had the flash shield still as I want the light above the RVM and I'd also like some lights in the rear door windows.

JPolston

Mar 27, 2012
Indiana, USA
Fyi everyone. Indiana law for Volunteer Firefighters is no more than 4 blue light assemblies and it does not require 360 degree coverage. HLF's and HAW's do not count towards the 4 light limit. Also Indiana's Blue light law is a courtesy light not an emergency vehicle.

Also keep in mind I'm trying to keep the hole drilling to a minimum. That said, I do wish I had the flash shield still as I want the light above the RVM and I'd also like some lights in the rear door windows.
Good luck finding a county mounty, statey, or town marshal who enforces that. They tend to agree that lights on all sides = safety, which means they don't have to deal with our accidents and only have to deal with others.

Keeping what you have to the front and rear, then adding side warning of some sort will top it off well. I myself have an Impala. Have an AWL Venom and SnM Triple Threat to the front, and a Feniex Cobra 2x to the rear. Have the intentions of trying to get ahold of a couple single Talons or Avengers to throw in the back and adding some T3s for intersection.

Intersection is a very important thing that not many consider.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
Looks good overall.

Lower dash looks cluttered w/ 3 lights. I think the cannon KOs up front are kinda pointless since its a small housing and the HLF appears to drown it out. For the rear, I'd flash each fedsig light as a whole unit (not split).

While I know you're trying to minimize holes, I'd swap the inner beams out for intersectors; they provide better side/intersection warning & the holes are in a hard-to-see place. If you go with intersectors, I think you can leave the dual dash light centered without the flashback shield; I prefer them without the flashback shield on the lower dash b/c the off-axis is better than the FB shield with decals (& I never found the flashback there to be an issue)

Maybe also add something for the intersection in the lower fog areas at an angle

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.