Update 11/28 CVPI / Firetruck / 2010 Charger Patrol cars

THEFLASH

May 21, 2010
ALABAMA
Here is a newly completed 2010 Black and White Dodge Charger patrol car completed for a local police department.

Installed items:

Whelen Liberty LED lightbar (LED alley and TD's)

Sound Off LAW in reverse lights

HLF/TLF

Kenwood VHF TK 2100 radio

Fed Sig UTMD siren and light controller

Fed Sig AS124 speaker mounted on PB

Go Rhino push bumper

Setina Partition

Troy Console

RAM computer mount

Digital Alley Camera system

Stalker Radar system

Video:

Last edited by a moderator:

Stendec

May 21, 2010
I know it isn't your call, but wow, the paint and markings on that car are right out of 1955. Is the a company that specializes in the world's dullest fonts?

Do you include a Mountain Dew and a pack of smokes in all of your installs? That sort of customer service is rare :lol:

THEFLASH

May 21, 2010
ALABAMA
"More" is not always "better".

Par36's in fog lights

Dual talon on dash

Slimlighter in back deck

Just enough to set it off ;)

I know it isn't your call, but wow, the paint and markings on that car are right out of 1955. Is the a company that specializes in the world's dullest fonts?

Do you include a Mountain Dew and a pack of smokes in all of your installs? That sort of customer service is rare

Yeah I agree on the markings, they were done by the local (and by local I mean accross the street) sign shop. But, like you said, not MY choice.

And yes, I also work for this dept so I knew the officer that was getting this car so I went ahead and added in the drink and ciggs as the finishing touch :D

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
Squad-6 said:
Sharp! Although why not use a FS bar with that FS controller?
I don't think I've seen a single Legend on this board... a few Arjents and Raydians though.

May 21, 2010
NJ & IA
asweezy said:
EWWW graphics are terrible looks like a POV with a white door.

A POV with a white door is probably a damn good way to catch people, by the time the realize that they just flew past a cop, and not just a car with mismatched paint, its too late. ;)

cajunblitz

May 20, 2010
Saint Martin Parish LA

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
cajunblitz said:
What? No Legends you say? Here ya go.....[/quote:fykzoq5q]

haha. i was just gonna say that these installs are nice and simple, BUT MOST of all, the lighting packages kinda look like some of the basic charger installs that cajun has done (PB w/ AS124 speaker, Unitrol TM Delta, HLF/TLF, havis console)

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
I suppose that would make up for the previous lack of Legends... :p

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
Nice Squad but where is the lights. Not even a Unity spotlight. It looks like this PD has no money. Grill lights, Spot, a little more and the car would look amazing.

cory y

May 21, 2010
Who says that you have to put lights everywhere? This is a great example of effective use of lights without overkill.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
cory y said:
Who says that you have to put lights everywhere? This is a great example of effective use of lights without overkill.
+1

Less is more!

THEFLASH

May 21, 2010
ALABAMA
Updated with the brother charger. Will be getting a lightbar to add on soon but until it gets here? SLICKTOP!!! I know, it needs side lighting but its just temporary til the bar comes in, plus I used just what was lying around ;)

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
Really like them both. Only complaint I have is that there is no intersection warning on the front of either. It's really nice to see some of Pimp's stuff up against the big W.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
nice work. i really like how the each of the dual talons are basically flashing both modules at once (for a huge footprint).

u gonna take them down when the lightbar comes or leave them? (once the lightbar comes, i personally would move the dual talons to the rear deck and move the pimp tir6 lights up front for intersection vis.)

THEFLASH

May 21, 2010
ALABAMA
Actually... The chief wasn't a big fan of the slicktop.... Til I put it together and SHOWED him what it'd look like. He fell in love (like I did). Therefore, there will not be a lightbar going on the car. I am installing 2 more Tir6's in the back side windows, and 2 Tir3's on the sides of the push bumper today so new video to come! :D

THEFLASH

May 21, 2010
ALABAMA
dpd4703 said:
Am I missing something....the title refers to an unmarked narcotics SUV....any info or photos on it? I just saw the two B&W's.

There's a youtube link at the bottom. I finished it at night so I didnt get a chance to take pics. :( Just a video

theroofable

May 23, 2010
New Jersey
Nice to see an upgraded lightbar. Im guessing it doesn't have the white cut-off? Not that its a big deal. Any of the other lights going to be upgraded?

THEFLASH

May 21, 2010
ALABAMA
theroofable said:
Nice to see an upgraded lightbar. Im guessing it doesn't have the white cut-off? Not that its a big deal. Any of the other lights going to be upgraded?

They had discussed it but the assistant chief that was working to make that happen got a promotion at his full time job and is no longer with the dept. All the others dont really care about lighting. Not to mention the town is in a financial crisis and cant afford much of anything right now.

THEFLASH

May 21, 2010
ALABAMA
So here we are a year later and the 2010 Charger slicktop is MINE!!! More additions and changes to come but for now, Dual Slimlighters on the upper rear headliner!!!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.