UPDATE 8/16/15: Check it out, guys.

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
UPDATE 8/16/15: First EMS tour ever today. Check me out in my ugly (yet somehow likeable) new EMS uniform. It was great but I have a LOT to learn. 

ai187.photobucket.com_albums_x301_used18_ems_zpsa1aeah9d.jpg

UPDATE 7/30/15: Today I received an email that contained a job offer from a reputable NYC Ambulance transport company. I interviewed+tested there on Tuesday and it drained me . . . I had no idea that EMS companies have such rigorous testing to all candidates! But it seems that my testing and interviewing paid off, because this place hired me! I'm so glad that I now have a full time job doing something I love. This in addition to the ANYPD is going to be a great way to prepare me for joining the NYPD proper in a few years!

Original Post: I'm finally officially sworn in as a member of the Auxiliary New York City Police Department. Next goal: work on an ambulance for a few years and join the NYPD fully. 

[Broken External Image]:http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x301/used18/graduation1_zpsuzysjgcc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
This is wonderful news, it brings me great joy to see this!  So proud of you and I wish you the best of luck with your future goals of joining the NYPD fully.

Reactions: lotsofbars

AJ3814

Mar 13, 2015
Central Louisiana
Congrats bud!! I remember the day I graduated the academy like it was yesterday.

AJ3814

Mar 13, 2015
Central Louisiana
Google "Alvie Jones obituary" and you'll see a little something of my pops. For all he was, and all he taught me to me, the most proud moment of my life was the day I graduated the academy and he saluted me. I know where you are, and I know what you strive for...... and I also know the feeling of pride once it is accomplished against all odds. Hang in there, and never let anyone tell you "you can't". ....... An old quote from my Dad....... "Can't said never could, boy." Never say "can't".

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
Google "Alvie Jones obituary" and you'll see a little something of my pops. For all he was, and all he taught me to me, the most proud moment of my life was the day I graduated the academy and he saluted me. I know where you are, and I know what you strive for...... and I also know the feeling of pride once it is accomplished against all odds. Hang in there, and never let anyone tell you "you can't". ....... An old quote from my Dad....... "Can't said never could, boy." Never say "can't".
My dad is the polar opposite of a cop, but he even told me over dinner how sincerely proud he was of me. That's rare coming fromt that guy. Made my entire life to hear that though, I think my parents were convinced through my teens that I'd become a drug-addicted whackjob or something of that nature instead of a cop. Feels good to prove them wrong on that one. 

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
I did that about a month ago when you mentioned he had passed. Then I found the article about the dancing traffic cop. Your dad was awesome!

AJ3814

Mar 13, 2015
Central Louisiana
Thank you for that. I sit here with tears in my eyes after reading it. It's still very hard knowing he's gone..... I find it helps putting in as many work hours as I can to distract me. He was the toughest man I ever knew, but I remember how proud I was, and he of me the day I graduated the academy and I'm glad that this young man was able to succeed in his first step of the journey. If it's what you really want, NEVER give up.

Lotsofbars...... patience, perseverance, and endurance. ..... and a warrior mindset.

Drive on!!

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
Your father seems to have been the best kind of person. Devoted and caring but definitely not afraid to have fun and enjoy his job. My dad's a bookish, quiet mathematician college professor. Not one for showing much emotion ever. It's nice when he breaks character the way he did. 

Thanks for the super kind words. It's nice to know I have the support of my brothers and sisters in blue all over the country. 

Reactions: tsquale

Phoenix_Rising

Lifetime VIP Donor
Feb 27, 2012
Berks County PA
i dont know whether to congradulate you, or feel sorry for you :haha:

welcome to the boo boo bus brigade :thumbsup:

lotsofbars

Jul 20, 2010
NYC, New York
Welcome to the bandaid bus family
Congrats again!!!!
i dont know whether to congradulate you, or feel sorry for you :haha:

welcome to the boo boo bus brigade :thumbsup:
Thanks so much, guys! I'm surprised that I got hired so quickly, but I'm super stoked to start. Up until now I've just been working a LOT at the precinct because I have nothing else to do. I think this will balance stuff out. 

Retired1

Jun 1, 2010
Woodward County, OK

For those who missed this last month - click on the link below

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/houston-deaths/article/Jones-officer-known-for-flamboyant-5852827.php#photo-7066080

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.