Upfitters in my area?

Frooom

Dec 6, 2012
NH
I wondered if this belongs in the services forum, but it seemed like that is for offerings, not wanted. Anyhoo, I'm in southern NH and I'm wondering if there are any installers in the area? I have all my own equipment, just don't want to wire it all in :)

nhfirefighter

May 21, 2010
USA-New Hampshire
There is NEVO in Newington. Not sure what their pricing is like but their work is top notch from what I have seen.

Bobcat753

Mar 9, 2014
Mass
NEVO does emergency vehicles and any kind of lightning. I believe it is a bit on the pricy side. I enjoy doing installs on the side too, where in southern NH are you?

Frooom

Dec 6, 2012
NH
I'm in Nottingham. I was going to do a bunch of my own wiring, but truth be told, the strobes are just..I can't figure out how the hell they wire. I just can't. XD I wanted to use a set as stop tail turn in the back (feniex cannons). I enjoy the work but I lack some of the tools necessary to make this work properly (such as drilling holes if need be to mount a siren bracket on a radiator crossmember, etc).

Bobcat753

Mar 9, 2014
Mass
I don’t mind lending a hand if you’ve got a place to do it at. Do you have all the necessary wire? I’m in Londonderry so not to far for me

FusionWolf

Oct 8, 2012
Massachusetts
I wondered if this belongs in the services forum, but it seemed like that is for offerings, not wanted. Anyhoo, I'm in southern NH and I'm wondering if there are any installers in the area? I have all my own equipment, just don't want to wire it all in :)
Hey Froom- I'm southern MA by the RI Line but travel all over. Always down to lend a hand if needed

Frooom

Dec 6, 2012
NH
Awesome! 2 parts of what I want to do are challenging to me: figuring out feniex cannons, and I really want to install IONs on my rear view mirrors but I have no idea how to get the cable(s) routed properly.

NoLimitSquads

Feb 11, 2021
Minnesota
Awesome! 2 parts of what I want to do are challenging to me: figuring out feniex cannons, and I really want to install IONs on my rear view mirrors but I have no idea how to get the cable(s) routed properly.
Ions on the rear view mirror? Or the side view mirrors?

Frooom

Dec 6, 2012
NH
My mirrors are huge, gonna mount them forward facing. I was hoping to do this without removing the door panels :)

NoLimitSquads

Feb 11, 2021
Minnesota
I am familiar with the mirrors on the Titan. There is no way to “correctly” run the wires without removing the door panels. Door panels are pretty easy to remove these days. Depending on the vehicle, I average 2-3 hours for mirror light installation (both sides mounted and wires ran through door following factory wires). Ive done mirror lights on more vehicles than I can count, Ive never mounted IONS facing forward on the mirror. You get more out of them aiming them to the side. Having said that, its your vehicle, and your choice, Im just giving a professional opinion. Good luck with your install! Here is how I mount regular IONs on side mirrors.5A240F82-F097-479C-A8F3-0F37E794D757.jpeg

Frooom

Dec 6, 2012
NH
Hey that's cool! Sorry, just to be clear, it's a 2018 titan XD, the mirrors are HUGE. I like the idea of a bit of off-axis on them, and it just seemed like a neat way to run them. For side lighting I plan to run my apollo f6 r/w on the backrack (mounted to the sides) but this is a neat idea too!

NoLimitSquads

Feb 11, 2021
Minnesota
Hey that's cool! Sorry, just to be clear, it's a 2018 titan XD, the mirrors are HUGE. I like the idea of a bit of off-axis on them, and it just seemed like a neat way to run them. For side lighting I plan to run my apollo f6 r/w on the backrack (mounted to the sides) but this is a neat idea too!
I get it. I very rarely use regular IONs on the mirrors. Most of the time we use V-IONs which have a puddle light, and alley light in addition to the flashing light. Those lights provide a 180 degree field of flashing light. They are however much more expensive than a regular ION. Thats what we do on almost every squad car. When we do these lights in amber, like with the T-IONs, it is usually due to local laws that require 360 degrees of lighting around the vehicle, and the owner operator is just trying to get by in the cheapest, most minimal way.

Frooom

Dec 6, 2012
NH
Heh, cheapest and minimal, that's me! Lol. Nah in this case, I usually go for 360 lighting. This is my first ever pickup truck, and I'm running a whelen century AE right now, but I want to go slicktop. PITA to clean the snow off all the way up there, and backrack mount is a nogo or I can't get into the garage. I just bought a pair of ULB9E synced off Star as refurb, so my planned setup is:

2x RW ions grill
2x RW ions mirrors
2x dual ULB9E ILB
2x Feniex apollo f6 RW sides -middle
1x 8 module Whelen TIR dominator RW rear
2x Feniex cannons rear - maybe? Would like to use STT mode if I can figure it out (and get no codes).

If all goes well, I will appear as a bright red and white blob so satellites.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.