US Marshal Special Services 2010 TrailBlazer

cajunblitz

May 20, 2010
Saint Martin Parish LA
Here is just one of several special service US Marshal vehicles I've built recently. I had a budget of $5000.00 including labor for this job. This division runs all blue. Most of the equipment choices and placements are mine. Photos were taken in rain....not all that great. Enjoy!

(2) Whelen SA315 speakers, frame mounted each side front of fender

(2) Federal ViperEXTs in grill

NOVA Hide-A-Led pop-ins, front turn signal lamp housing

Tomar 200S2 Standard Power on dash (throw light)

(2) Tomar 200S2 SP custom mounted in front windshield

FedSig SS200 SmartSiren (Air Horn version)

TrippLite Power Inverter

Tomar 200S2 SP in each rear side glass

(2) Tomar 200S2 SP in rear hatch glass

Code 3 BLUE 9-Diode Hide-A-Blasts in reverse housing

SoundOff Surface Mount Ghosts (blue) on rear fascia

afarm5.static.flickr.com_4003_4437729651_1015243c5d.jpgafarm5.static.flickr.com_4039_4437729843_3d138e5d30.jpg

afarm5.static.flickr.com_4060_4437730113_4f8e7fcbf9.jpgafarm5.static.flickr.com_4047_4437730675_74dbbd5dcd.jpg

afarm3.static.flickr.com_2780_4438504014_611d7277a0.jpgafarm3.static.flickr.com_2759_4437725025_a55f8923b7.jpg

afarm5.static.flickr.com_4057_4438501888_204c73ee8b.jpgafarm5.static.flickr.com_4011_4438501740_272d6f0e30.jpg

afarm5.static.flickr.com_4010_4437726367_6f9332bde6.jpgafarm5.static.flickr.com_4060_4438502920_86d27ae084.jpg

afarm5.static.flickr.com_4056_4437727081_7848bbc4b4.jpgafarm3.static.flickr.com_2760_4438503544_e7636abcbe.jpg

afarm3.static.flickr.com_2792_4438502026_b1499d2149.jpgafarm3.static.flickr.com_2677_4438501616_d5946b2cc6.jpg

cajunblitz

strobecrazy

Apr 27, 2011
GA,ATL
Always loved this install. Too bad you still aren't in the business. Because I wonder why you used different laws for front & rear? Wonder if it has to do something with the housing.

May 22, 2010
New York City
strobecrazy said:
Always loved this install. Too bad you still aren't in the business. Because I wonder why you used different laws for front & rear? Wonder if it has to do something with the housing.

he is back in business....... :thumbsup:

FireEMSPolice

May 21, 2010
Ohio
Nice install as always!

I am sure I dont need to say this but there is no such thing as a Special Service or Police Package TraliBlazer. Its just a retail model. My father-in-law uses one on patrol (assigned to him) and it sucks!

cajunblitz

May 20, 2010
Saint Martin Parish LA
strobecrazy said:

That's exactly why I used two different HideAway LED styles,....the housings. Sometimes the housing doesn't allow for a flange mounted insert ( dual walled housings) so a pop-in style insert is warranted. I am back in the business! I'm working on getting me feet back under me, but I'll be rolling along as usual very soon!

FireEMSPolice said:
Nice install as always!

I am sure I dont need to say this but there is no such thing as a Special Service or Police Package TraliBlazer. Its just a retail model. My father-in-law uses one on patrol (assigned to him) and it sucks!

Thanks FEP. I know there isn't a marketed Special Services TrailBlazer. What I meant is that the US Marshal uses it for "Special Services"......wink wink, nudge nudge.....it can get confusing when certain vehicles are factory badged and some aren"t.

GSPD

May 21, 2010
NY
And I thought someone was just bringing up an old thread. Excellent news you're back! I've missed those custom install pictures of yours!!!

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
cajunblitz said:
I am back in the business! I'm working on getting me feet back under me, but I'll be rolling along as usual very soon!

I think I said it in your "retirement thread" that I knew you would be back... Just like a junkie, you can never stay clean and go cold turkey!! :haha:

Glad to see you're back!

VolEms

May 24, 2010
NY, USA
So glad to hear your back in the game. Can't wait to see pics of the latest install. We missed u on the board while u were gone. Wishing u the best of luck.

strobecrazy

Apr 27, 2011
GA,ATL
cajunblitz said:
That's exactly why I used two different HideAway LED styles,....the housings. Sometimes the housing doesn't allow for a flange mounted insert ( dual walled housings) so a pop-in style insert is warranted. I am back in the business! I'm working on getting me feet back under me, but I'll be rolling along as usual very soon!

wow, Welcome back! Would you recommend those LAWs or is there new ones on the market that would work better? Also one last question, did you mount the turn signal LAWs on the long part of the lens or up from the bottom? Thanks.

Tom

Dec 18, 2010
Taunton, MA
cajunblitz said:
I am back in the business! I'm working on getting me feet back under me, but I'll be rolling along as usual very soon!

Finally, it's been long overdue! We need more pictures and videos of your meticulous installs. :thumbsup:

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
GSPD said:
And I thought someone was just bringing up an old thread. Excellent news you're back! I've missed those custom install pictures of yours!!!

So did I.

Good work.

bwoodruff

Aug 8, 2011
Upstate NY
I'll have what they're having.

Jan 7, 2011
Tampa, Florida
cajunblitz said:

Thanks FEP. I know there isn't a marketed Special Services TrailBlazer. What I meant is that the US Marshal uses it for "Special Services"......wink wink, nudge nudge.....it can get confusing when certain vehicles are factory badged and some aren"t.

Sorry for intruding on your conversation, but I wanted to comment on the double wall housings for vehicles like a Tahoe, Expedition, etc. Here is what I do. It works, never gets water inside the housings and will allow you to put what you want in MOST housings. I have a drill kit that I purchased from Kimball Midwest that has a threaded drill chuck and 6 different sized hole drills. I will drill a hole twice to 3x the size of the 1" hole needed for a HAW. I then insert the HAW in the hole. After that, I have rubber grommets that I will fit into the 3" hole, then use one slightly smaller and fill in the big hole...usually two grommets. I will bring the flasher and extra wire through the small hole and the using silicone, I will put a nice thin layer over the entire opening, covering all the grommets and also the small hole, making it impossible to leak unless you get a spot where its not covering. That affords me to use any Whelen, Rontan, Feniex, Code3, Fed Sig or any other HAW in MOST housings. There will be some where you just CANNOT put one in there! I have even put a Whelen Vertex in the back up light of a 2011 F150. Strobes will melt them, but a Vertex is a beauty!

twodogs603

Sep 7, 2011
Norfolk,VA
PursuitElectronics said:
Sorry for intruding on your conversation, but I wanted to comment on the double wall housings for vehicles like a Tahoe, Expedition, etc. Here is what I do. It works, never gets water inside the housings and will allow you to put what you want in MOST housings. I have a drill kit that I purchased from Kimball Midwest that has a threaded drill chuck and 6 different sized hole drills. I will drill a hole twice to 3x the size of the 1" hole needed for a HAW. I then insert the HAW in the hole. After that, I have rubber grommets that I will fit into the 3" hole, then use one slightly smaller and fill in the big hole...usually two grommets. I will bring the flasher and extra wire through the small hole and the using silicone, I will put a nice thin layer over the entire opening, covering all the grommets and also the small hole, making it impossible to leak unless you get a spot where its not covering. That affords me to use any Whelen, Rontan, Feniex, Code3, Fed Sig or any other HAW in MOST housings. There will be some where you just CANNOT put one in there! I have even put a Whelen Vertex in the back up light of a 2011 F150. Strobes will melt them, but a Vertex is a beauty!

I would like to see a picture of that. Cant imagine such a big hole.

Flashguy

Jan 4, 2011
United States, Florida
Kind of ironic, we just had a forum thread about reviving old install threads. My comment was that any Cajun install can be revived anytime. It's still nice to see the technique and skill used on his installs.

Z-master

Nov 4, 2010
Hamilton, New Zealand
Just out of curiosity, what's the switchpanel in the roof liner? Looks like a smaller version of an Ideatec MC8. Never seen one like it, although that's hardly surprising, we're hardly that flash in New Zealand.

Boss429

May 21, 2010
Pennsylvania
I know it was built to customer specs, but wouldn't the US Marshals have RED and Blue lights. Just for the fact that they travel across state lines. In some states blue only means you don't have to yield to them... Not intentionally trying to stir shit, Just my thoughts. :)

lafd55

May 27, 2010
New York, USA
Well that may be true, but a lot of Federal vehicles, from various agencies not just Marshals, just have blue lighting, it just depends on what part of the country you are in.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.