Shelbyville, TN
go to amazon.. plenty to choose from...

this is similar to what i have....

aimages_na.ssl_images_amazon.com_images_I_71V18OWmKuL._SL1500_.jpg

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
The device I showed is wired to 12v and it converts it internally to 5v you just drill a 1 1/8 inch hole

liltum56

Apr 28, 2018
Honolulu
Should probably watch how much the usb plug pushes out. I had a dash cam that had a plug at 1a. It broke so I plugged it into a 2.1a and fried the battery in the dash cam. It was a few years old so it could’ve been a coincidence. But there is also such a thing as overcharging too, assuming if the usb plug doesn’t have any circuitry protection or whatever.

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
The problem was almost certainly in the charging circuit of your camera, not in the USB adapter. Batteries, power supplies, and transformers cannot "push" current. Rather, they can only provide the current drawn by connected devices based two values: their operating voltage, and the resistance present in the circuit. Ohm's law describes this as I = V / R.

Reactions: firebuff17

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DOHCZC

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.