Use transparency on lightbars with clear domes

cromwell

Aug 30, 2010
Finland, Europe
Hello!

I had clear domes on my Twinsonic lightbar and wanted the blue/red setup, so I just took some Transparency sheet that was ment for lasercopies and printed the pages in full blue/red colors. I placed two layers to get bit darker colors (with only one layer the light was too bright). Then I just used clear duck tape to attach the sheets to the domes.

Here´s the result:

as30.postimg.org_8te77erch_Jan08_007.jpg
image free hosting

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Sneaky... Great idea for a "wall" (show) lightbar... I wonder how it would hold up to actual road (sun/rain, etc) use..

cromwell

Aug 30, 2010
Finland, Europe
Maybe not so wise to use on actual road. Also if the lightbar would be turned on for a long time I think that the sheets could become faded or even melt.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.