Wanted Used/Demo Unication G1 Pager

Status
Not open for further replies.

DT_Fire

Aug 24, 2010
4 Seasons, MI USA
I am looking for either a demo or demo/used Unification G1 Pager VHF (148-164 split). Please message me if you have one. I am attempting to push this for purchase with my department this year. Tired of the problems with the Minitor V's we currently have. 

Thanks in advance. 

wilsonbr90

Sep 30, 2013
Corning, New York
I have used one and personally whatevet issues you have with the v's aren't going to be fixed by going to these. Support is less than helpful. As rugged as I thought it was going to be it hasn't held up to my expectations. Scan is nice but slow possibly missing crucial info. It has too many buttons for veteran members and some of the important stuff is hidden through the menu. My other issue I had was that the buttons themselves actually came off and were lost. since your vhf why not look into the VI's?

DT_Fire

Aug 24, 2010
4 Seasons, MI USA
I haven't heard of anyone in our area use the VI's yet. I've heard several positive reviews on the Unication pagers. You are the first to say anything about buttons coming off. I haven't heard anyone else saying they've had that issue. 

wilsonbr90

Sep 30, 2013
Corning, New York
Its a personally owned one as well. We are all lowband so no vi's here. Majority of our dept uses min ii's still. Found one cheap so I bought it. I had two of the soft buttons fall off and be gone for ever. And I work inside in a factory. The thing is large as well. Almost twice as thick as a min VI and heavy. I really wanted to love it, but just don't. Also had issues charging it, especially if I left it on. More than once I'd go to grab it thinking it was charged, pull it off the dock and it was dead.

DT_Fire

Aug 24, 2010
4 Seasons, MI USA
And may I ask why you haven't sent it in for warranty repair/service? They all come with a 2 year standard warranty or 5 year optional extended warranty.. 

wilsonbr90

Sep 30, 2013
Corning, New York
Wasn't bought from a dealer. I had it on my turn out gear and was hustling when it flung off. Ended up getting ran over by a dually. Been meaning to have it sent in but my closest repair depo is 40 miles away.

Squad-6

May 21, 2010
N. GA
I am a Unication dealer and believe Wilson to be a biased opinion based on some sort of relationship with Motorola or he is just another who has drank the Kool-Aid. I have several departments slowing transitioning from  Minitors to G!s. I hear nothing but positive feed back and can not remember the last time we sent one back for repair. We have 2 demo units that we never see as they are always changing hands.

wilsonbr90

Sep 30, 2013
Corning, New York
Woah woah there. Koolaid. Who are you to talk, your a dealer of course your going to push YOUR product. G1s are the new cool thing in a long line of nothing but motorola. I have had every one motorola ever made as a pager minus the 6. I spent my own money, not dept funded money, to buy a G1. Its cool don't get me wrong, but there needs a lot more tweaking to be done that unication may never do.

I liked my G1. Hell I loved the thing. But it did not last in a non abusive atmosphere near as well as the minII that I got as a department hand me down.

Better yet, since you are a dealer why not offer to have my G1 fixed instead of bashing me. Why don't you try to make me a believer too?

Markymark5411

Jul 1, 2010
Nekoosa, Wisconsin, USA
Not to hi-jack this thread but Wilsonbr90, not sure what avenues you have explored in getting your G1 repaired but I purchased a G1 a while back from a private seller and I ran into some issues with the pager not performing properly.  I thought it was an issue with a defective unit but ultimately I feel it was some programming and firmware issues with the way the pager was designed to work.  I started with the dealer that the pager was initially purchased and I was not getting the timely responses that I had hoped for.  I contacted Unication directly and they were great to work with.  I was put in contact with one of their programmers and we went back and forth and through several G1 pagers, programming and firmware until we got the problem figured out.  I cannot speak high enough about the service and support I received from Unication directly.  You may want to try talking with them to see if there is anything they can do for you if you have not already done so.  If nothing else, you can get it fixed so that you could sell it to recoup your costs.

Reactions: Surgicalcric

Surgicalcric

Nov 28, 2013
Fort Walton Beach, FL
I purchased a G1 from a dealer 18 months ago and have had no issues with it either alerting from dual priority scan or from selective call. It has held up to the abuse I put it through which is equal to the abuse I put my Minitor II-IV's through.

We have exchanged all of our department Minitors for G1's and have yet to have an issue with the 22 we have. That said, we did send a couple amplified bases back to have warranty work done on them but they Unication sent them back to us promptly and haven't had an issue since.

Id certainly purchase another...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.