Uses of “FIRE LANE”s

jmamrak

Jul 17, 2014
Lagrange KY
Does anyone’s department use the “Fire Lane? We use it only in front of Walmart if we are making a med run. Or getting food for shift. But I know I would be in deep shit if I parked an apparatus in the “Fire Lane” on any other call (smoke alarm sounding, sprinkler water flow Ect) . 1.5 times the height of the structure. That was drilled into my head. 1.5 times the height of the strucutre. Pull slightly past the address to leave room for the truck.
If we are never going to park there for an aucutal “Fire” then what’s the point of a “Fire Lane”?

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
the Fire lane is not for parking apparatus, but to allow unimpeded access to the building for Ladders, hose lines, standpipe access, etc. Dont want to be trying to work around 40 cars parked right outside the store.

jmamrak

Jul 17, 2014
Lagrange KY
the Fire lane is not for parking apparatus, but to allow unimpeded access to the building for Ladders, hose lines, standpipe access, etc. Dont want to be trying to work around 40 cars parked right outside the store.

Not trying to ask dumb questions but that makes perfect sense I just never understood the reasoning behind it. Thanks!

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Cops use the fire lane at Walmart here when they are picking up shop lifters lol

Mattdecker

Mar 16, 2013
Barren County, Kentucky
Had a local department park their brush truck in the fire lane once. Fully marked truck, skid in the back, the works.

If I remember right, they were there picking stuff up for a fundraiser.

City cop came by and slapped a big ticket on their windshield.

Ended up getting dismissed in the end I believe.

jmamrak

Jul 17, 2014
Lagrange KY
Had a local department park their brush truck in the fire lane once. Fully marked truck, skid in the back, the works.

If I remember right, they were there picking stuff up for a fundraiser.

City cop came by and slapped a big ticket on their windshield.

Ended up getting dismissed in the end I believe.

It’s funny when a cop tries to be a hot shot and hurts their OWN TEAM then it gets thrown out of court!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.