Using Ford Supplied Connectors

nathanial98

Oct 30, 2013
Wisconsin
First off, I apologize in advance if this is the wrong area for this question or if it is already in another thread, but I couldn't find it in a search. My question is, in all of Ford Interceptors they have connectors attached to the ends of factory installed wiring runs. What are the proper terminals that I should use so that I can take advantage of these ends. For example, the siren plug is behind the front drivers headlight. The plug has a end attached t it that you can take off and has no wires in it. This is one example, but there are several of these on the car.

I would like to attach that end to my speaker to make a plug and play setup. What terminals do I use or where can I get these so I can attach them to my speaker wires, and insert them into the plug to make the connector usable? The modifiers guide gives you different manufactures of these but I am having a tough time finding the right ones. I am assuming SOMEONE has figured this out already so I am looking for your help.

Thanks

shues

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
NW Indiana
Have a look at a recent Upfitter Guide, here: http://www.fordservicecontent.com/f...aft/2017-Sedan-And-Utility-Modifier-Guide.pdf

On page 76 of the PDF, or page 2-53 of the guide, you will see that the siren speaker connector is part BU2Z-14S411–TA.

There is a Wiring Pigtail Kits Identification Guide, here: https://www.motorcraft.com/content/.../wire_sets_wiring/18376-Pigtail-Book-2016.pdf

A common name for the BU2Z-14S411–TA connector is WPT-1171. I see from a quick search that the WPT-1171 connector is used for other things like parking lamps

The Ford part number on some FoMoCo branded Whelen siren speakers I have here is MCDG13-19G403-AB. The speaker came from Ford with a BU2Z-14S411–TA connector and split loom already installed.

I hope this information is enough to get you started.

nathanial98

Oct 30, 2013
Wisconsin
Thanks for the info. Maybe I should be more specific. On all of the emergency wire prep runs installed from the factory, they come new with the opposite end attached to the pigtail to keep junk out in case you don't use that connector. The siren is one example, they have connectors behind the bumper for the ION's in the headlights, grill lights, rear deck lights ect. Our cars do not come with the lights installed but do come with the wiring. We add our lights and connect to those pigtail ends. I am looking for the little metal terminals you would connect to your light wires, then insert those terminals into the blank end Ford provides so now you would have a completed plug you could reinsert into the connect and use.

For example, using the modifiers guide you have there, page 73 (2-50) shows a typical end to a Ion supplied by ford. However, if you didn't order the lights preinstalled, Ford has the opposite end of that connector installed to the connector. I want to USE that end by attaching it to my lights but I need the metal terminals to attach to my lights wire and insert into that connector to be able to use it.

I am looking for those. The correct metal terminals to use on those connectors. Does this make sense?

nathanial98

Oct 30, 2013
Wisconsin
Lol....sure. Here is an example of what I am talking about. Ford supplies only this to the end of a LED pigtail. I want to use this connector but I need to know what terminal to use and where you recommend getting them.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 6

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.