Usually LEOs use their guns to stop criminals......

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Last edited by a moderator:

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
Toronto police did something like this year's ago to a knife welding man downtown... pinned him between the side fender and a bicycle lock up post iirc.

I'm surprised the suspect in the video above is still alive...

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Toronto police did something like this year's ago to a knife welding man downtown... pinned him between the side fender and a bicycle lock up post iirc.

I'm surprised the suspect in the video above is still alive...
And here's that clip to accompany this thread ;)  :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zfZSyEO230

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Why did Rapiejko take this action, and not any of the other LEOs on the scene?  Is Rapiejko a senior officer, or had he taken special training for a situation like this? 

I'm glad he picked out the correct person to run down.  I don't know that I could be so sure of myself if I came into this incident at that speed.  Maybe he was sitting back for a while and had an absolute ID on the shooter.

"... was cleared of any wrongdoing in the incident by the county attorney, Warren said. An internal police investigation continues."  What, are they going to make him pay for the vehicle repairs?

Reactions: CrownVic97

JennyCop

Jan 19, 2012
Sunny Arizona
......and thats how it's done here in Arizona........ it's way TOO DAMN HOT to get out of the cruiser and have a stand off with some jackass in these three digit tempatures. Just sayin! :p

"Officers are taught if they are in a deadly situation to use whatever means and tools you have available," and "That's what happened."

This happened in my nieghboring town/suburb.

Jul 14, 2010
S.W. Ohio USA
There is a lot of whining about this in another forum I frequent. This guy was known to have just committed several violent felonies just before he got launched. He had stolen a rifle and ammo from Wal Mart, and had cranked off several rounds already. He was walking toward a highly populated area when the officer hit him.

The typical "they didn't give him a chance" crap makes me sick. The only chance he was deprived of was the chance to engage and kill innocent officers and civilians. This guy set the stage for what happened, and he had to be stopped by any means available.

Sorry about the rant, but the anti law enforcement rhetoric is taking it's toll. Thank God I am no longer on the street.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
You ain't ranting, Crescent. I'm getting sick of the anti-LEO BS too. Copy and paste this to that other forum if you wish, but here's what needs to be said on the national airwaves:

Here's an idea, people! Don't want to see police do what they gotta do to keep you safe by what you saw in the video and others? THEN DON"T DRINK OUT OF THE FREAKIN' IDIOT CUP! Be an upstanding person, follow the laws meant to keep you and others safe and alive, teach your kids good values, and discourage others from doing stupid as $#!% slash life-ending nefarious activities. End of story, PERIOD :hissyfit:  !!!

Okay, my schpeel is over. Continue normal conversations :crazy:   

Hoff

Aug 2, 2011
SW Ohio/US
Closes the distance between rifle and pistol range way faster than running... I think it's legit use of force. Guy was shooting indiscriminately and was a clear danger to the public.

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
And the news is playing just the clip of the second patrol car racing up and hitting the subject with the title alleged gun man run down etc. 
Typical liberal media scumsuckers playing to the anti-police crowd. Soon the criminal-supporters will crawl all over this and try to make the officer the bad guy, not the one with the gun.

mike2459

May 22, 2010
South Glens Falls,NY
When I first saw this I almost wet myself. I still laugh my ass off when I see it. Best of all it was caught on tape. I bet there were high fives at the station. Hope he gets a new car out of it.

And next time stay on the sidewalk....

Reactions: Station 3

jph2

Apr 21, 2012
USA Michigan
News ticker this am says that this DB's lawyer is claiming his poor client never disobeyed a lawful order!!... Seriously!
Probably technically correct. I mean, afterall, the cops never told him he couldn't steal the rifle and ammo and they never told him he couldn't just randomly take shots with it, and I didn't hear anything in the video indicating they told him to stop being a menace to society...

:whistle:

Reactions: crescentstar69

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
We watched this at work. I could give a F@#K about the defendant/suspect...I think it sends a clear message: if you don't drop your weapon, we're gonna run your POS ass over rather than risk any more lives (especially ours!).

It's like all the crying and bitching about ppl getting shot and their families screaming racism. I think it's quite simple...don't break the law and comply with LEOs' orders and you won't get shot (every person recently shot by a cop had a record and did not comply with the LEO's lawful, verbal commands)

Edmontonsecurity

May 21, 2014
Alberta canada
This is the difference between day shift and night shift... Who wants to bet the officer that plowed him down was just about to come off night shift after being stuck on OT. Thus thought... F*ck this....

Im just happy a motor officer wasnt there, would wrote him for speeding ;) lol

Reactions: JennyCop

mcpd2025

May 20, 2010
Maryland, USA
Its a small world... Rapiejko and I worked together as student police aides at University of Maryland in the late 90's.  Great use of force, I don't have a problem with it.

Reactions: CrownVic97

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.