Valor advice

kadetklapp

May 21, 2010
Indiana
long time no see. My agency was graciously gifted a Valor by a neighboring agency to replace the disintegrating RX2700 on our reserve car. It turns out the Valor apparently never saw the inside of a garage and is a early model judging by very poor condition of the lens and paintwork. It also requires a SmartSiren to run or an IF Box. As this car has a brand new SoundOff nergy system we aren’t too keen on that.

So, we are trying to weigh the benefits of “refurbing” the bar with new lens ($268), new IF Box (not real sure on that cost) and new cables (phone cord is wack). This doesn’t even begin to get in to how much run time is on the LEDs and what options it even has. Labels are trashed.

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
The Serial Interface boxes can be had cheaply on eBay. There is a member here who makes the cables, I'll work on remembering who that is. Those two things will be under $100. If you're fine with a dirty lens...that's a steal for the bar.

Reactions: kadetklapp

kadetklapp

May 21, 2010
Indiana
I was just watching your Valor video on YouTube. The lens has to be replaced it’s horrid. By the time we get all that and a strap kit we could probably have gotten a newer basic SoundOff bar...but it wouldn’t be a Valor, which I really like the look of on a Charger.

Reactions: Tony P

kadetklapp

May 21, 2010
Indiana
Would a serial # reveal options installed on this bar? Trying to determine if it has Signalmaster and cruise capability. We were told it has full flood in front

Dave F

Sep 13, 2015
Berks County, PA
The Valor should have cruise, and itll depend if the rear heads are single or dual color as for the SM. The full flood option is absolutely phenominal

hit up Storm4200 on here: barring Eric he’s the resident Valor expert

Reactions: kadetklapp

kadetklapp

May 21, 2010
Indiana
I hit storm4200 up. The car this is for is a 2013 Charger with 70k miles. The options we face are remove the existing Rx2700 and install the Valor, which needs probably $500 worth of parts, minimum and be done. Or, I have a Whelen Inner Edge for a Ram I thought about trying to make fit and putting some light heads in the back window...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.