Vehicle specific, vehicle specific, vehicle specific

jmamrak

Jul 17, 2014
Lagrange KY
I’ve noticed things going this way for a while. But now it seems like everybody everywhere is worried about having specific parts for their specific vehicle. I consistently see people not using their equipment because it’s not specific to their new vehicle. Am I the only one who is handy enough to make custom brackets that look good? I know things like outer edges and mirror beams are specific. But some things seem a little ridiculous to me. Does anyone else agree? Is the cost worth it?

Doyle257

Jan 13, 2015
Cheektowaga, NY
while sometimes vehicle specific brackets DO make things easier, for my personal vehicles, I would rather cut down on cost, and do things my own way.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Same here. If its interior, grille, running board or bumper, I make my own if possible.

Roof bars are the only exception I'll make. But even then, you can adapt brackets for a ford to fit a chevy. My old vector was a good case in point. CVPI vector brackets on an 07 Silverado.

Reactions: jmamrak

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Hey, more for the rest of us. ;)

Reactions: NVFD612

hitman38367

May 23, 2010
West Tennessee, USA
I was just wondering, it seems like people sell things at a tremendous loss just because it doesn’t “fit”.
Most of the time, from my experience and observation, people get lowballed on prices too and get the impression that their product won't bring what it's worth. Meaning, people want to buy something or offer a price for nowhere near the actual value of the product or they want it for damn near free. It's ridiculous.

jmamrak

Jul 17, 2014
Lagrange KY
Most of the time, from my experience and observation, people get lowballed on prices too and get the impression that their product won't bring what it's worth. Meaning, people want to buy something or offer a price for nowhere near the actual value of the product or they want it for damn near free. It's ridiculous.

I agree! I see some things that “won’t fit” and they sell it super low. I don’t lowball but I constantly see cheap name brand stuff. I see how this benefits the manufacturers. They make a specific product and that light which could be used for 10+ years is now limited to body styling. Which as we know changes all the time.

schabinsc

Mar 24, 2018
Charleston, SC
I have never had anything that is vehicle specific. Owning a 2004 F150 I missed out on this ability thanks to the center console with the shifter built in. I have engineered interior headliner brackets to hold TIR4's on my bumper, modified headliner brackets and suction kits because they just never work right.
I don't understand if it is the direction the world is going, or everyone really likes LEGO's (YES I DO) and believes their vehicles should be the same (NO IT SHOULDN'T).
If everything should be specific, than it should be offered at the time of purchase.... Imagine going to Ford's website and being able to order a new vehicle kitted out with all the blinkies and woo-woo's you would ever want?

jmamrak

Jul 17, 2014
Lagrange KY
I think that vehicle specific things are great for ease of install for fleet/law enforcement. But as far as using them on POVs it’s hard. I bought a supervisor u from code 3. Their universal interior bar. I also have a 2005 f150 and they were nice enough to include several different bracket sets. They were not specific to my vehicle but I was able to make it fit. The key here is these vehicle specific items are extremely expensive when you purchase them. Then when you attempt to sell them you’ve limited your market and you lose a large amount.

Joe452

Apr 27, 2018
Upstate New York
I'm all for vehicle specific If I can get it, however as a Jeep JKU owner I know that the struggle is real in finding stuff. I have trimmed down a couple shields for visor lights and custom brackets galore.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.