Vehicle Wiring Database

DaveCN5

May 22, 2010
South East Michigan
Hey guys and gals,

I found this database from a company called Bulldog Security. It lists most vehicles (even motorcycles and high end cars) and models and gives wiring diagrams and descriptions. Most of all, it is FREE!

http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/bdnew/ve ... agrams.asp

Another thing to note is their T-Harnesses. I bought one for my truck and it allows you to tap into all of the main wiring components on your car with out having to splice. You simply un-plug the existing harness, and plug this one into the port. It gives you new tie in points for 12V + power, parking lights, ignition, etc.

http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/Category ... esses.aspx

aecx.images_amazon.com_images_I_416wVIsW7LL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Can we make this a sticky? If you have questions let me know. If anyone wants pictures of the T-harness installed, let me know.

Dave

DaveCN5

May 22, 2010
South East Michigan
C17LVFD said:
That's awesome Dave!

How did you stumble across this little jem? How are you liking that T-Harness??

My boss bought his girl friend a remote starter for her car for her birthday. I was helping him install it today and it was from this company. Part of the instructions was to get on-line and figure out the wiring configuration of her car on the site. I saw it and thought that it might come in handy for a bunch of people and especially the installers when they are working on a new car for the first time.

The T-harness is pretty slick. It literally takes 2 minutes to install. From there all you need is a male blade connector and you can literally plug right into the female part of the connector on the harness and you are good to go. Right now my harness is being used to trigger my AC/DC Industries fuse block by ignition connection and then the 12V+ power is feeding my Bully Dog Programmer for the truck so that it comes on every time I turn the key on, but turns off when the key is in off position. It makes making connections like those much cleaner and easier. Not to mention if you want to swap something out or switch it up, just undo the connector and put a new blade on. No more haggling with splicing wires. LOVE it!

DaveCN5

May 22, 2010
South East Michigan
lifelinemedic said:
they dont have any for ford :(

They do, just not listed on their site. Use the first link I provided and find your car. On the top left of the table is a "T-Harness" box. Type that code into google or amazon and it should come up. They typically run $20-40.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.