vertex in rear bumber

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
My first thought is "what's the point?"

If you are gonna drill into your bumper, might as well install LED heads, or possibly UFO LED dots... But Vertex...

ibby

May 28, 2010
I've seen vertexes being used on the running boards on the side. Same concept, but very effective, IMHO. Amazing off axis for such a small light. I say go for it!

Stendec

May 21, 2010
Rear bumper of what, and why? Bumpers are sacrificial, I'd stay with a conventional location like the tail lights or license plate where they have some protection.

For a bumper, I'd stay with tape, or maybe those zooty reflective dots, something that can be replaced or repaired easily and cheaply.

TheGatekeeper

Jun 19, 2010
France
ibby said:
I've seen vertexes being used on the running boards on the side. Same concept, but very effective, IMHO. Amazing off axis for such a small light. I say go for it!
A side running board is not a bumper.

I don't see the point of drilling in the car's body if you can avoid it.

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
first, what's the vehicle that you're looking to install them on? (i.e. a picture would be helpful)

i personally would not mount anything on the rear bumper; there are some people that install surface mounts on the rear bumpers, but i think that they are very likely to get damaged (whether the vehicle operator backs into something or someone else hits the vehicle). I'd def. go with a pair of linz6 on an LP bracket, and if u want vertexes, consider them on in the reverse light housing.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.