Very nice Whelen 8000 strobe lightbar on eBay with clear domes!

03crownvic

May 8, 2010
Louisiana
OK, Whelen collectors, here is the "holy grail" of 8000 series lightbars! The eBay auction number is 300533968826. It has the very rare UFO/beehive inner optic filters with red circular lenses around them and a pair of hard to find clear outer optic domes. It is an original first generation model with serial number 1222, so it is among the first that were ever produced and it should be highly desired by a serious collector. The starting bid is $500, so whoever gets it will have to dig into a deep pocket. I believe this is the same one that was listed late last year, and I don't recall if it sold or not. Hope somebody on the board gets it!

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
03crownvic said:
OK, Whelen collectors, here is the "holy grail" of 8000 series lightbars! The eBay auction number is 300533968826. It has the uber rare UFO/beehive inner optic fikters with red circular filters around them. It is an original first generation model with serial number 1222, so it is among the first that were ever produced and it should be highly desired by a serious collector. The starting bid is $500, so whoever gets it will have to dig into a deep pocket. I believe this is the same one that was listed late last year, and I don't recall if it sold or not. Hope somebody on the board gets it!

Looks familiar.. :cry:

I thought I had reached a deal with the seller on here but he listed it on ebay. No money changed hands so it's not the end of the world.... I can't say I blame him for wanting as much as possible for it...... just disappointing... I had the feeling all along that he wasn't really impressed with my offer anyway so I'm not surprised. It's a nice bar... not $500 nice in my opinion, my offer was a lot lower than that.

Now that it's posted here I'm sure it will end up reported and pulled anyway.

ford-dealer

Sep 2, 2010
San Antonio
The bar was kinda funky anyway. I am not saying it isn't nice looking mind you... just that when you consider that it only had 1 power supply and 1 slave unit, anyone that has played with 8000 bars knows that in that configuration, it could only run 2 strobes at a time, which in this case meant that it could only have run the 2 red 360s OR the 2 Clear par 46s. Kinda pointless to run clear only as a forward signal. Mostly, this setup was used for law enforcement, when they wanted to have a "Rear Only" signal. That having been said.... I wouldn't mind owning it... but I can assure you it would have gotten reconfigured with a 2nd power supply.... Just saying! :)

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
ford-dealer said:
The bar was kinda funky anyway. I am not saying it isn't nice looking mind you... just that when you consider that it only had 1 power supply and 1 slave unit, anyone that has played with 8000 bars knows that in that configuration, it could only run 2 strobes at a time, which in this case meant that it could only have run the 2 red 360s OR the 2 Clear par 46s. Kinda pointless to run clear only as a forward signal. Mostly, this setup was used for law enforcement, when they wanted to have a "Rear Only" signal. That having been said.... I wouldn't mind owning it... but I can assure you it would have gotten reconfigured with a 2nd power supply.... Just saying! :)

I was planning on changing the PAR46 strobes to amber and making them rear facing. What I liked about it was the old style internal optics with internal filters on the 360s.

This is a perfect example of why I'll take a little less to sell on here to someone I know rather than deal with ebay's shenanigans. I'm just waiting for the seller to blame me for it being pulled.... lol

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
ford-dealer said:

You can reconfigure the power supply to fire all 4 strobe heads. I did that to the one I have.

ford-dealer

Sep 2, 2010
San Antonio
jdh said:
You can reconfigure the power supply to fire all 4 strobe heads. I did that to the one I have.

That will reduce the power to each strobe head by 1/2. The 8000 bars need all the "Juice" they can muster! :)

not going to blame you John Marcson for the pulled bar listing. no way to prove who did it or if ebay is fianaly getting off there a$$ :dielaugh: fat chance of that .

and i never have listed this bar for sale before on ebay.

and you and i both know the deal on the bar we had. not going in to pointless b.s talk back and forth. just the deal fell apart for a few reasons.

thats all i am going to say in public and you got my last pm i sent on this in private.

have a good day guys and thanks for lookin.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
sweetk30 said:
not going to blame you John Marcson for the pulled bar listing. no way to prove who did it or if ebay is fianaly getting off there a$$ :dielaugh: fat chance of that .

and i never have listed this bar for sale before on ebay.

and you and i both know the deal on the bar we had. not going in to pointless b.s talk back and forth. just the deal fell apart for a few reasons.

thats all i am going to say in public and you got my last pm i sent on this in private.

have a good day guys and thanks for lookin.

Cool... I'm less than interested in ebay, I don't communicate with them unless I have too. There are some things you can do to try to sell it on ebay... take out the red inserts and picture it w/o out them. Specifically state it is clear only, no colors being sold...

I was initially pissed that the deal fell through... but like you said there were many reasons. No hard feelings anymore.

There seem to be a lot of people on here that report items on ebay... it's been discussed before, not sure all the reasons.

PC Comms

May 30, 2010
Beautiful southern Georgia!
OK, I can't find the new listing. A little help here. Thanks.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
PC Comms said:
OK, I can't find the new listing. A little help here. Thanks.

The seller had ebay make the listing invisible to the person(s) that reported the previous listing. So...........

I'm just screwing with ya... :razz:

PC Comms

May 30, 2010
You're effed up John! Had me wondering WTF there for a second. LMAO

JohnMarcson said:
I was initially pissed that the deal fell through... but like you said there were many reasons. No hard feelings anymore.

thank you sir. glad we all cool now. i hate making people mad. cause in the end both people are mad. i felt bad but then the more i was thinking about it the better i felt cause of your 1 pm that basicly told me you were thinking about not doing it in a round about way for some reason.

aslong as we cool man. to bad we didnt live closer. i would buy us a round and chat about it. [Broken External Image]:[URL]http://www.dogproductshop.co.uk/smile/party/party0016.gif[/URL]

and as for ebay report scum bags. you can go [Broken External Image]:[URL]http://www.dogproductshop.co.uk/smile/mad/mad0248.gif[/URL] your self :razz:

and i did take the red filters out. then all new pics . then even stated no colors aspr ebay rules no red/blue/green just clear only. and bam off again.

i sent email to evilbay :hissyfit: and gave them a peace of my mind. still waiting to hear back. hasnt been 48hr's yet. :popcorn: but i am not holding my hand over my [Broken External Image]:[URL]http://www.dogproductshop.co.uk/smile/mad/mad0240.gif[/URL] for a reply from them anytime soon.

oh well guys its been fun week so lets see were it goes from here. :popcorn:

and as my current problems with evilbay

i would rather sell on a private forum. just wish we had a little spot here for stuff like this.

but oh well. some lucky person will get it in the end. :)

03crownvic

May 8, 2010
Louisiana
There is no reason eBay should have pulled that lightbar a second time if it didn't have any colored filters pictured. However, it's their site and they call the shots, but if I were you, I would stand firm and be persistent and take it as far as possible up the chain of command and insist that it be reinstated, as that is definitely selective enforcement of their stupid colored lens policy. You might want to contact charger lighting for advice on how to deal with eBay, because he has had numerous run ins with them.

PC Comms

May 30, 2010
Not sure if you received my PM, but I would like to speak with you about possibly purchasing it outright. Please get in touch with me. Thank you.

chatted with evilbay and thay relisted the bar to my ebay in the unsold section so i dont have to re do the whole listing.

then noted in my account that the next time listed as it was correct the second time it cant be reported as against the rules. so it wont be removed.

but after all this b.s from them and offers from others here . i will prob skip evilbay and save the fee's and everyone happy and sell it here via pm's only.

and i replyed to your pm also sir.

and for others here it is. with my other whelen stuff old stock. http://www.elightbars.org/forums/showthread.php?10491-old-whelen-super-strobe-bar-and-other-strobe

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.