Very ODD TX DPS bar score....

ford-dealer

Sep 2, 2010
San Antonio
I picked up a TX DPS bar 6/2005 MFG date. It never dawned on me when I bought the bar, that it only had 2 cords (As opposed to the normal 3) .... and MUCH to my delight, when I opened the bar, I found it HAD a standard Freedom board which supported a 2 wire TA. The only thing I can figure is that this bar was a very early Pre-Economy version. It was never hacked or cobbled, and it has the DPS model number. It also had all of the LEDs that don't have the diffusers. It was rather neat how they accomplished the DPS spec with a standard board.

The REAR LED output was used for the depopulated TA function only. (2 Wire)

The FRONT LED output was used to run the front 400 pair, and the rear 4 upper R/B modules.

The Corners were just plugged in where they were intended.

The 2 steady takedowns were plugged into the AUX port.

Since this bar has the traditional board, it has the ability to:

Flashing Alleys

Cruise

SYNC

All the standard flash patterns (Not the simple DPS configuration).

Needless to say, I was a happy camper at $200.00 on Craigslist! :cool:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CHUCK4850

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.