Wanted VHF Portable Radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

dasuriano

Sep 14, 2010
Colorado
My volunteer EMS agency is searching for portable radios for our members. We are an all volunteer department that survives only on donations, and we do not have funds to purchase new radios. We currently have a mix of Kenwood TK372G, Motorola GP300, Connect Systems CS101s, and there is a push to replace those with Baofengs, despite several members advising against it for the obvious reasons. Many members are resorting to purchasing their own radios to use in lieu of the failing radios we have, which makes it a nightmare when we need to reprogram anything, as we offer programming to those that use their own radios. We are looking to see if any agency is looking to get rid of old radios and pagers that are still functional. As of right now, we do not have enough radios to offer new members, but ideally we would like to replace our current inventory. We do have some funds that we can allocate to this, which would depend on the number of radios and what types.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Your best bet is to stay with moto or kenwood, Icom isn't bad either. If your dept is pushing for cheap, UAW radios is what we use. Chinese, yes, but super economical. I personally use a wouxsun kg uv 8, about 100 bucks and gets out great. Easy to program as well. Not made for running into a fire, but should work for EMS. Just my 2cents.

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
Yeah alot of our EMTs etc in this county are using baofeng 888s only supervisors have real radios and of course the trucks

octoberguy77

May 15, 2014
Indianapolis, IN
I have 5 Motorpla HT1250's 3 new in box, 2 lightly used,( still look like new)136-174 range VHF. Also they're complete with chargers boxes of new earpieces, mics, etc. All have digital displays

ssgmyers

Jul 4, 2010
Canton, Ohio
I have 5 Motorpla HT1250's 3 new in box, 2 lightly used,( still look like new)136-174 range VHF. Also they're complete with chargers boxes of new earpieces, mics, etc. All have digital displays
What are you looking for on the used ones? I only need one. I have lights, sirens, speakers and cash. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.