Vintage Fed Sig Vision Promotional Video

PC Comms

May 30, 2010
Beautiful southern Georgia!
Not sure if it has been posted on here or not (I tried searching and couldn't find anything on it) but I stumbled across this on You Tube a few minutes ago. Nice shots of some vintage equipment as well as the Vision bar. Enjoy.

&feature=related

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I love how in the comparison side shot (4:52) with the MX7000 they don't have the intersection sweeps on. The MX7000 is not the bar I would have picked to compare side warning. They should have used an aerodynic or jet with the alley light blocking the side... oh wait... :D

side.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
toon80 said:
Hehe, yup, was thinking the same thing ;-)
MXs are noisy too, but didn't they cranked the volume up maybe just a little bit?? :D

They probably used the sound clip of the MX with all the features running... and showed it half shut off. Even like a LP6000 or something would have been a better comparison... the choice of the dual level bar was a bad idea...

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
Great video! Yeah, the comparison to the MX7000 wasn't the best of ideas.

May 21, 2010
Wilkes-Barre, Pa
JohnMarcson said:
They probably used the sound clip of the MX with all the features running... and showed it half shut off. Even like a LP6000 or something would have been a better comparison... the choice of the dual level bar was a bad idea...

You can definitely hear the alternating flasher relay noise in that clip of the MX7K.

That is an awesome video though. Never saw it before.

nerdly_dood

Jun 15, 2010
Georgia
The Aerodynic on the fire truck looks like they're using cheap incandescent bulbs, just to make the Vision seem so much brighter...

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
nerdly_dood said:
The Aerodynic on the fire truck looks like they're using cheap incandescent bulbs, just to make the Vision seem so much brighter...
Could be, but they could not hide the effectiveness of the AeroTwinsonic on that ambulance. Very effective, especially with 60 watt 4464 lamps.

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
And since when did the put a Vision on a rig. I have never seen a Vision on a truck. I have seen, Vectors, smart vectors, and view points all the time, but not a vision.

police-jimmy

May 23, 2010
Netherlands (Europe)
PC Comms said:
Not sure if it has been posted on here or not (I tried searching and couldn't find anything on it) but I stumbled across this on You Tube a few minutes ago. Nice shots of some vintage equipment as well as the Vision bar. Enjoy.

yep, it's been on the previous boards since I've uploaded it, but on this latest so good to post it again :D

I'm still looking for the police version of this same promo video.

If anyone comes across this , let me know.

jrfive0

Sep 19, 2011
NJ, USA
lol @ the broad on the carphone...sometimes you don't realize talking on a phone while driving has been a problem for decades already !!! :haha:

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
This video has been discussed a lot in the past on ELB, but it never hurts to see it resurrected once in a while ;) . Too bad they never made videos about the Twins and Aeros.

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
I liked the way they compared the vision to the MX. The MX did not even have the I-sects on. I thought that was funny.

The thing was with the vision, I could not see any fire or rescue unit using them (a vector would be just as effective). They were more geared to LEO use with all the different functions.

PC Comms

May 30, 2010
Beautiful southern Georgia!
The thing I found funny was all the noise the MX supposedly made. It sounded like a gear was falling off or something! Now if they wanted a noisy bar, they should have used a Streethawk! LMAO

Jun 4, 2012
New England
A little off-topic, but I actually found out what the first music track in that video is: It's "Eyewitness News" by Craig Palmer. I found it through a search on killertracks.com

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
Night Patrolman said:
A little off-topic, but I actually found out what the first music track in that video is: It's "Eyewitness News" by Craig Palmer. I found it through a search on killertracks.com

Punched in on YouTube and found it. Look at the upper left corner in the video's pic. How ironic :thumbsup: !

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.