Vintage Patents and Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA

Abstract​

A warning light assembly is provided that includes a simple drive train for accomplishing an 180° or more oscillation of a light beam. By advantageously utilizing a speed-reduction mechanism, a transmission for converting rotary motion to oscillating motion and a coupling for multiplying the angle of oscillation, the drive provides an inexpensive and rugged enabling design the warning light assembly to oscillate a light beam through angles heretofore unattainable.
A drawing of Federal' Model 100 in an oscillating version. I never saw this in production. They did produce the MagnaBeam and the "V" version Sentry beacon in oscillating versions with this type of engineering

Reactions: stansdds

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
A drawing of Federal' Model 100 in an oscillating version. I never saw this in production. They did produce the MagnaBeam and the "V" version Sentry beacon in oscillating versions with this type of engineering
I guess theoretically the Federal Signal oscillating design translates pretty well from light to light. Sentry, Vector, MagnaBeam, Streethawk etc. But I agree I have never seen the Model 100 version as an actual light.

Reactions: dmathieu
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.