For Sale Vintage Whelen Bars FOR SALE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
FOR SALE !!! OK, I'll show them here 1st. I've decided to stick to my beacons only, so will consider selling my last Whelen bar.
All rings and bases and siren speaker are professionally polished to a mirror finish. No strobes are wired, and I do not know what, if any power supplies are in there. I do have some power supplies, and plenty of strobe cable. All PAR46 strobe bulbs and strobe domes are Mint, and absolutely beautiful. Bar is complete with factory hook on mountings.
This bar was painstakenly built, and display quality. Please look at the pictures closely for special features.
This will not sell cheaply, and I will not ship, but it will be worth the trip to Southern New Hampshire.
PM me with SERIOUS interest. $1800 firm.

Attachments

• S6308514.JPG
    S6308514.JPG
    278 KB · Views: 25
  • S6308515.JPG
    S6308515.JPG
    278.8 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
something tells me Johns going to be making a field trip
If not a field trip maybe donating a lot of plasma for $$$..... selling a kidney (I have 2) or some other scheme seems in order.

• Haha
Reactions: Dave F and dmathieu

bpollard

Jun 13, 2010
USA, SC
Here's a thought:
I've been messing around on this site since it was first created long ago. Learned a lot from you all and have bought and sold a couple things along the way.

John Marcson has done a lot and put a ton of his time and money into this online community. And I know from reading things that these types of light bars are his thing.

If someone were to create a Go Fund Me fund to purchase and deliver one of these Whelen bars, I would be happy to contribute $ 50.00

Bob

Reactions: fp13-2 and RS485

RS485

Supporting Donor
Aug 5, 2019
Central MA
@dmathieu -- Would it be possible to check for and describe any power supplies in the three lightbars offered up here? To me, they are a critical component of assessing value (more truthfully, justifying such a purchase before the wife/boss :))
Thank you!

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
@dmathieu -- Would it be possible to check for and describe any power supplies in the three lightbars offered up here? To me, they are a critical component of assessing value (more truthfully, justifying such a purchase before the wife/boss :))
Thank you!
None of the strobes are wired or working. All components were polished etc. for static shelf display only. There are no supplies for the PAR46s, and I do not know if supplies are in the 2 strobe beacon pairs or not. I have a box of strobe cable, and a few newer small power supplies that can be inserted, if the buyer wants to wire them up. The Senior Rota-Beams are wired and working.

RS485

Supporting Donor
Aug 5, 2019
Central MA
None of the strobes are wired or working. All components were polished etc. for static shelf display only. There are no supplies for the PAR46s, and I do not know if supplies are in the 2 strobe beacon pairs or not. I have a box of strobe cable, and a few newer small power supplies that can be inserted, if the buyer wants to wire them up. The Senior Rota-Beams are wired and working.
Thanks for the quick response! Your stuff in stunningly beautiful -- but period-correct power supplies are what I'm primarily interested in.
In any case, I'm sure your gems will land in a good home but as @bpollard suggested, I hope (and would support) that they wind up with @JohnMarcson

Reactions: dmathieu

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
Thanks for the quick response! Your stuff in stunningly beautiful -- but period-correct power supplies are what I'm primarily interested in.
In any case, I'm sure your gems will land in a good home but as @bpollard suggested, I hope (and would support) that they wind up with @JohnMarcson
I have one loose period correct power supply, not installed in light. Again, unsure what's in the light bases themselves.

NIACO

Nov 19, 2020
Illinois
Great bars Dan. I just saw this post and was very surprised that you decided to sell them. I'm sure they will go to a good home for a good price. Sticking with the beacons is a great idea. You gotta love those Corporal, Deputy and Rota Beams! And they take up a lot less space to boot!

Reactions: dmathieu

ur20v

Feb 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
A bit before my "era of interest", but man, I'd love to own that bar on the bottom. I wonder if my wife would ever forgive me for spending my son's next months tuition...

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
I think I have a few period correct power supplies, the silver ones with rounded edges and some "pie pan" ones. PM me what you need.

Reactions: RS485
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mgrimmius

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.