Vision Controller Help!

tactiblox

Mar 11, 2021
Maryland
Hello, I have recently bought a vision controller (ex lvmpd) from eBay and whenever I turn it on it starts beeping at me and the only way I can get it to stop is for about 5 seconds and that is holding the reset button. Please help!

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
There should be a brain box (black metal about the size of a switch box with 10ga red wire and 6 or 8 pin lan/phone cable outlet) that the cable goes into. The one I had would do the same thing, it was a communication error between the bar and the box. On the rare occasion I could get it to work it would run no problem.

tactiblox

Mar 11, 2021
Maryland
The thing is though I don't have it hooked up to a lightbar. I also looked at the brain and controller and they have different model numbers on them. I wish they could make it like the SS2000 where you could use whatever brain and whatever control head and didn't have to have a lightbar hooked up to it.

JPC

Sep 1, 2020
Honestly, anything equipment related from LVMPD is used hard and put away wet. I wouldn't buy anything from them for that reason. It gets over 115 degrees in Vegas. Imagine how hot it gets inside a vehicle and the trunk for that matter too.

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
Also, if one of the chips are stamped LVMPD, then it most likely not work with any other revision. All 3 chips must match. IE a POV 3.2 and a POV 3.1 will work, but if the chip is a CHP or NYPD they all must be the same or it will not operate. Not to mention the CHP or NYPD are not user programmable.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.