Vision Lightbar

drp996

Apr 27, 2021
uk
Hi guys, i have a federal signal vision light bar, a smart controller and also a vision smart controller.
There is 2 cables coming from the lightbar and one "looks like a earthnet cable"
Ive tried rigging the 2 cables up to the power supply but nothing, checked all fuses nothing, no power.
I was hoping to get something flash..
tried putting the cable into the controller, but it looks like the fitting is too big,
I cant find any info on this, am i missing something?

Sorry for the noob question.

EMT-BLS

Oct 28, 2011
Waterbury, CT
Ethernet from the bar goes to the brain, in the slot marked "Bar". The the keypad connects to the brain into the slot marked "Control". Then everything gets power and ground.

drp996

Apr 27, 2021
uk
Sorry im more clear on the issue.
Its a smart siren Platinum with smart controller.
i have cat6 ethernet coming from BRAIN > CONTROLLER and it turns on the sirens fine, nice and loud.
The moment i plug the ethernet cable in from my lightbar vision to the BRAIN, nothing works, the keypad still lights up, but no siren, no lights , nothing.
I just cant get the damn lightbar to work, ive had the lights on when i power them separately with the sires so i know they work.
Ive tried programming them with the software, it even finds the controller head fine in the software, but can NOT get the lights to run.
The lightbar is a vision.

Power coming from the bar is RED AND BLUE going to red and black on my jump pack and the CAT6 is going into the BRAIN.
any ideas? Thanks

jdh

May 21, 2010
Geneva, FL
I mentioned this in another thread, the revisions on the chips for each item MUST match. So all 3 must match. You can mix a POL1.20 and a POL1.30, but you cannot mix a, lets say a NYP and a CAL. Did that make sense?

drp996

Apr 27, 2021
uk
Hi guys, yes thanks alot, and thanks for the pictures. I have the correct controller and lightbar, i just ned to find that brain now.
The pic above "VISION BRAIN" what do i need to be searching for exactly, so some people selling these sell them as a part number too.

also is there a way i can power up the lightbar, to test i works ?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.