Visit to State Surplus = Sweet Score

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
On Tuesday, I stopped into our state's surplus hub to see if they had any new emergency equipment come in. I saw these dudes sitting on a pallet and well, it was a no-brainer :D. The most awesome part? All three for $15. Makes me feel good to get $1,500 worth of siren speaker for a helluva deal :cool:.
WP_20170613_002.jpg

Two will be kept for the Fire Academy of North Dakota, and one will be making its way onto my truck (hint hint for future thread on that ;)). The below picture is when I got them into my work room. The CP100 has a "Property of North Dakota Game and Fish Department" tag on it, so I'm guessing these were off some older brush trucks or something. All the drivers work after diagnosing them with a trusty 9V battery.
WP_20170613_003.jpg

After that picture was taken, they were disassembled and yesterday, all black components (cones, bells, and the two SVP mounts) were sanded and repainted gloss black with necessary labels and such taped off for over spray. I took Simple Green to the chrome first to clean off the dirt and grime, then use fine steel wool to polish up them up a bit. Once I get them back together, another group photo will happen :).

cmb56

May 22, 2010
Norrköping, Sweden
After that picture was taken, they were disassembled and yesterday, all black components (cones, bells, and the two SVP mounts) were sanded and repainted gloss black with necessary labels and such taped off for over spray.
A very nice catch of you for more or less nothing.
Could you see if the SVP sold speakers where Atlas Sound or Sanming manufactured ones?
My guess is Atlas Sound.

Michael

CrownVic97

May 21, 2010
Hazen, ND
A very nice catch of you for more or less nothing.
Could you see if the SVP sold speakers where Atlas Sound or Sanming manufactured ones?
My guess is Atlas Sound.

Michael

All SVPs were Atlas Sound siren drivers ;)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airflores

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.