Viviox brand lights

JPolston

Mar 27, 2012
Indiana, USA
Well spoken, and logical.

The one thing that catches my eye is the hardware... not so much the company. To me, it looks like the same old stuff I've seen time and time again from those few dealers with horrible reputations in our community. Some would argue that "Company A" sells the same products as "Company B" and people hate "B" while they love "A". That has a lot to do with customer service and warranties, but if the product is inferior, it doesn't matter who has their name on it or how long the warranty is. The main goal of most of the imported lighting that I've handled is to make the cheapest possible knock-off of a product that a "real" company spent time and effort engineering, testing, and producing. Reverse engineering this type of product isn't that hard and that's why there are so many knock-off lights that very closely resemble each other. I also know for a fact that distributors that sell these lights have access to more than you'll see on their websites... that's because they would be sued if they tried to sell products in the US that are patented... but the knock-off manufacturers don't care about patents.

There are just too many caveats to depending on "the cheapest option" when it comes to something like primary or secondary vehicle warning lighting. If this company proves itself, great. As of now, less than 20 people have commented on hands-on experience and a few of them have held a camera a few feet away and commented about how bright they are. That's not proof enough at this point.

If the company wants to send some demo equipment to eLightbars for testing and reviewing, I'm sure we'd consider putting forth the effort to check out what they have to offer after we find out who we're working with.
I would love to see ELB get ahold of some of their HAWs and a dash light. They look too be pretty damn good.

As for the company A vs company B.. Sadly that's how it goes. Some people are a bit better and just have a preference to which company is their go to. Pay attention and you see that Viviox's dash light looks very similar to Tom's pulse one and pulse two, with modified optics. We all trust Tom, and there's several of us who have one of the Pulse series lights.. Might as well take a stab at the Viviox brand until proven otherwise. I love the Pulse Two I have in my woman's car. It by itself moves traffic. But as someone who's obsessed with blinkies, and I'm sure others agree, I'm always looking for that one light that's brighter and delivers the most bang for buck without taking all of my bucks.

jhook

May 23, 2010
Saskatchewan Canada
Received my order today so far not overly impressed ! Same old china stuff white boxes no instructions poor quality wire and cigar plugs poor fitment of flash shield to window curvature ! Any one needing more info please feel free to pm me ! Jhook

Reactions: tsquale and GPC

Jman423

Administrator
Sep 10, 2010
United States
...Viviox's dash light looks very similar to Tom's pulse one and pulse two, with modified optics...
That's kind of what I was getting at... without calling people out individually.

Received my order today so far not overly impressed ! Same old china stuff white boxes no instructions poor quality wire and cigar plugs poor fitment of flash shield to window curvature ! Any one needing more info please feel free to pm me ! Jhook
And that is exactly what I was afraid of. Nothing different than all the other import lines... in fact, they're probably all from the same place.

Reactions: tsquale and GPC

jhook

May 23, 2010
Saskatchewan Canada
This is what I have :

D 6100 purple

D 6200 amber /amber

A 4800 amber /amber x2

A6200 red/red x2

I'd like to add to my observation night time usage of the d6200 dash light actually has some decent off axis! Not as wide as a Apollo looses it's pop about 10-15 degrees in at the 180 mark, if you get what I mean !

Flash shield still sucks unless you have it tight to the top of the windshield! You couldn't drive at night with it on, still has that cheap feel to the on off and pattern select switches ie pattern switch sometimes needs a second push to change patterns!

Comes with a plastic bracket that can be screwed to a deck or headliner the flash shield is plastic ,aluminum housing and end caps ample cable the light will swivel in the flash shield like a Apollo ! But remember this isn't a Apollo

The day use through dark tint is marginal moved down into the clear glass it isn't a Feniex but it's on par to a lighting x mini extreme's.

I didn't have a wide optic light during the day use but running it below a cobra 2x apples to oranges you know the answer!

So my earlier post still stands at no instruction sheet ie flash pattern list ,the surface mount lights same thing is it the blue wire or yellow to change patterns touch to power or ground what wire syncs them who's the master or the slave ?

Fine for me but the average joe won't know unless he reads it on line from there site,maybe I'm just too picky ? Even lightning x and luminios star from china listed pattern and wiring colours on there boxes ,

I'll try to check out the surface mount lights in the next day or so and give a bit of a report on them if anyone's interested? Lights seem to have a decent epoxy covering the complete back ,plastic Bessel and foam gasket.

I will say there purple is pretty good for colour some one had posted about the amber being washed out this I didn't find it bad comparing it to Feniex amber or the lighting x amber!

I hope this sheds some light on the mystery company Viviox ! Thanks jhook

Reactions: Jarred J.

JPolston

Mar 27, 2012
Indiana, USA
Sadface... Seemingly another case of the videos got my hopes up.

Guess my hunt on trying to find lights to distribute continues!

Strobesnmore

May 23, 2010
Westerly, RI
Ok here are the facts on Viviox.  I too was skepical and was given a tip today so I looked into it.  Thier address is 7 World Trade Center which i highly doubt exists yet the site says they in Brooklyn.  As usual owner information is hidden. 

However I can state for a fact that almost all thier lights come from Top Warning which is a company in Taiwan that we have a very close relationship with.   They are buying all the cheapest lights they offer and marking them up considerably.  Guess they are trying to be the next Feniex.  The pricing is out of this world and if you are going to pay those prices call me as I can sell you the stuff for about half the price. 

Thanks and be safe!

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
The ”facts” coming direct from a competitor, folks... :bonk:

No, I don't believe Viviox is great or will be successful. Just find it amusing you got a ”tip” to share here as fact.

Last edited by a moderator:

blinkyfan

Dec 17, 2013
NPR, FL
Ok here are the facts on Viviox.  I too was skepical and was given a tip today so I looked into it.  Thier address is 7 World Trade Center which i highly doubt exists yet the site says they in Brooklyn.  As usual owner information is hidden. 

However I can state for a fact that almost all thier lights come from Top Warning which is a company in Taiwan that we have a very close relationship with.   They are buying all the cheapest lights they offer and marking them up considerably.  Guess they are trying to be the next Feniex.  The pricing is out of this world and if you are going to pay those prices call me as I can sell you the stuff for about half the price. 

Thanks and be safe!
wait

don't you sell feniex products? and you are a little late to the party with the hidden information and the bogus address because we had that figured out weeks ago. why don't dealers who shit talk a brand just drop that brand? if I was the owner of a company and a dealer was talking shit I would kick them to the curb.

Reactions: tsquale

7d9_z28

Mar 15, 2012
West Michigan
I think we mentioned looking up the address and such on the last page, awhile ago...................................................

Back when the thread went downhill

Strobesnmore

May 23, 2010
Westerly, RI
I did not think this thread had anything to do with Feniex, my Apologies. My feniex comment was only referring to a new up and coming company. It was not meant as a derogatory comment. There was lots of talk on who and what the company sells and I thought I was helping to provide some factual information. I had never heard of this company before today.

Last edited by a moderator:

dmathieu

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
S.W. New Hampshire, USA
Has anybody had any further experience with the Viviox LED beacon? It looks extremely similar to Whelen's L51, and I saw a Whelen vs Viviox court case mentioned on Google.

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
thats not surprising.. their group were moving another light similar to the Feniex Apollo and I recently started seeing them get blown out at super cheap prices on facebook while no longer mentioning anything about the optics or design.

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Has anybody had any further experience with the Viviox LED beacon? It looks extremely similar to Whelen's L51, and I saw a Whelen vs Viviox court case mentioned on Google.
I picked up a viviox LED beacon from anther ELB member (SBFDE9) in a trade.  Its bright at night but washes out in the daylight if on the roof (what doesn't though?).  Hefty feel and seems very sturdy.  Decent patterns and fairly bright.  The optics are a bit odd, it throws a narrow beam vertically.  The head is 5in tall but the beam projection doesn't seem to match that.  I'll get some video up next couple days....

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Was able to get some basic video and some dimensional pics. 

20150719_112355.jpg20150719_112405.jpg

The output isn't bad but the optics make it seem very narrow up/down.  At about 40ft the "beam" it produces is only about 3-4ft tall so you would need to be careful on head placement.  Car dash?, too low, go roof.  Truck roof?, too high, go dash.  If it was a bit cheaper I could see retrofitting an old rotator bar with some of these as an alternative to putting a bunch of separate LED heads in, especially in a Vector or MX7000.  

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
I bought a purple Viviox Adonis mini beacon, and am very impressed.
Purple LEDs, clear lens.
Nice quality, and very bright.

Pics of the purple!!

Sparky_911

Supporting Donor
May 15, 2013
Central Illinois
Resurrecting this now 4yo thread. Whilst doing a comparison with the new for 2018 Feniex AM600 beacon I did a quick and dirty flash pattern demo of the Viviox Adonis CM12 I used as a comparator. It's got all the makings of what appears to be a knock off Whelen L51 for sure.

Reactions: OliverD

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.