Voltex Grille LEDs (Knockoff LX4s)

tomx20

Aug 17, 2010
Yes, the title does say Voltex, and yes, I do know what this site thinks of "Chinese made junk". I just figured, since I basically got these lights for free, I would do a little review on them.

Please don't say I'm stupid for getting these lights, I know most of you would never waste your money on these, but hopefully this review will be helpful for at least one person, and interesting for the rest of you! :D

Anyways, I actually don't have the lights yet-- I just wanted to let everyone know the review would be done soon (Monday most likely) and see what everyone thought.

Here's the story of how I got the lights. I purchased the pair of LEDs with a lightbar in a combo deal on eBay. I ended up paying $80 for the products, and $50 for shipping (Total investment: $130). I had no intention of putting the lightbar on my vehicle. My only intention was to sell the lightbar, and keep the LEDs for myself. I ended up posting the lightbar on CraigsList and have already received an offer from someone to buy the lightbar.

So come Monday, I will do a review of the lights with a video. Stay tuned! :)

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio

tomx20

Aug 17, 2010
JohnMarcson said:
please tell me it was this type of bar. I want better pics and a vid if it is.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=4885
Noo, it was not that retro looking thing, it was just a simple halogen lightbar. I ended up having good luck selling it because there are a lot of small companies in my area who do snow plowing during the winter

DSC00124.JPG

tomx20

Aug 17, 2010
Here's my review:

I received the lights in 8 days, not bad considering they came from the other side of the country. The packaging was good, all of the items I got were in good condition, free from damage.

The construction of the lights was good, plastic with a rubber base. The lights themselves were 4 LED TIR style lights. They seemed sturdy, not necessarily cheaply made (though I'm sure they were).

I bought 4 "L" brackets and screws from my local hardware store. I then sanded all these down, and painted all of them black, to match the housing inside my bumper. After mounting them, I soon came to realize one of the only flaws of the lights that I saw.. I couldn't get the two lights to sync. After screwing around with it for a little while, I just gave up and sealed/closed/tucked everything away.

All in all, I must say I was surprised by the lights. They performed well during the night and day, being extremely bright and noticeable at all times. I can't say I regret the purchase. It was a good experience, and I think if you get them for the right price, these would be a great secondary warning device.

I'll wrap up with a quick video I put together with my iPhone of the lights up close with the brackets, on my car, and with them flashing both at day and night.

Hope you enjoyed this review. If you have any questions/comments/concerns, feel free. Thanks for reading. -tomx20

unlisted

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 20, 2010
NA
as per your youtube video:

Your sound was disabled since you used the wrong song for background music apparently- pretty quick on their part- seeing as its only had 7 views when I watched it... and..

Did you get them to sync up finally?

tomx20

Aug 17, 2010
unlisted said:
as per your youtube video:

Your sound was disabled since you used the wrong song for background music apparently- pretty quick on their part- seeing as its only had 7 views when I watched it... and..

Did you get them to sync up finally?

I actually just gave up after a little bit and sealed everything apart. I don't feel like taking it all apart again, you know. Plus I went away to college and don't have my car at the moment

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.