"Volunteers" (1979)

theroofable

May 23, 2010
New Jersey
Thanks for posting this! :thumbsup: Part 2 is awesome with the response in the beginning haha. This also reminds me that this is when the blue light laws were made in NJ and why they only allowed two rotating lights!

Last edited by a moderator:

rick h.

May 21, 2010
Green Bank WV.
Reminds me of how I used to get dispatched in the old days with the Fire Whistle as we called it back then. sounding in the background of the second video,and one dashlight on the POV

2004p71

Aug 27, 2010
canada
wow awsome to see how it used to be back then

thanks for sharing

NC lawdog

Sep 12, 2010
North Carolina
MESDA6 said:
Now I feel really old...... :D

Well, I'm old enough to say that I rode on the back step w/ the subway handles and had 3/4 boots. But I'm young enough to say that I was a Jr Fireman at the time. :thumbsup: (early 80s)

MESDA6

Jun 2, 2010
Central IL and PHX
NC lawdog said:
Well, I'm old enough to say that I rode on the back step w/ the subway handles and had 3/4 boots. But I'm young enough to say that I was a Jr Fireman at the time. :thumbsup: (early 80s)

I hear ya - our back steps only had a long bar with a rubber grip. You had to lock one elbow around it and hope you didn't break your arm along the way....I miss that!!!! :D

bunnyfurr

Aug 29, 2010
WA
That really takes me back. As a kid growing up near the station I took on the task of turning off everybodys lights in there cars. This of course was back in the late 70's and 80's. I had some really cool guys who really appreciated that I took on that task to keep from having a dead battery. Of course I became a volunteer and paid firefighter in the early 90's and know that growing up in that environment plays into what I do today

May 27, 2010
Lebanon PA
If I am remembering corectly I saw this on HBO way back in the early 80's when they had filler s like this between movies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Safetylight5

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.