VW Golf Upfit Questions

dasuriano

Sep 14, 2010
Colorado
I know I'm going to be in for a tricky time, but will be working on installing lights in a 2015 VW Golf. Still working out what I ultimately want to add to it, but I like the look of these mirror lights. Any idea what lights those are/how they are installed?

C17LVFD

May 21, 2010
Harrisburg, PA
Foreign vehicles are always fun to work on. Good luck with it. Plan on twice as much time as you’d normally allocate as there never thought out into lighting needs for people. Looks like vertexs or cannons or something of the like in the mirrors.

You’ll need to pull apart a mirror and figure it out on the fly, or pull it part, see how it works, prep/plan and go back and do them at another time.

You maybe better off with some under mirror pucks.
Seth

pdk9

May 26, 2010
New York & Florida
It’s hard to tell from the vid, but it looks like surface Mount LAWs. I’d recommend something like an under the mirror light with an intersectors b/c all the dirty work is concealed underneath the mirror (with wedges, you should be able to get a decent angle) & away from turn signals

Like Seth said, foreign vehicles are a pain in the ass to pull apart!!!! Things as simple as removing the grill are even a headache b/c so many things are interconnected, and the light housings that I’ve come across had thicker walls, so more of a pain in the ass to drill LAWs into. That being said, I wouldn’t recommend LAWs, but I also would not recommend HLF/TLF flashers, b/c I used to have a Passat (with no aftermarket add-ons) and the junk computer always set off alerts for no reason, so I’d imagine that aftermarket flashers would just be more of a headache. I’ve seen a bunch of slicktop setups on german cars, but I have no idea what flashers they use over there, b/c I don’t ever see BMW, Mercedes, VW, etc listed on the flasher compatibility charts

Aside from the intersectors, I’d honestly just recommend a dual dash light and something on the rear headliner, & calling it a day

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.