W. S. Darley Type H7 60

Skulldigger

Aug 23, 2015
Georgia / USA
How common is a W. S. Darley & Co, rebadged Federal Model 15 Jr. Made in Aug 1964 with glass dome. Base will need to be re-chromed, but I got a really good deal on it. They had it marked as a "Roto Beam". I hope it makes the trip here safely.

WS Darley 1.jpgWS Darley 2.jpgWS Darley 4.jpgWS Darley 5.jpgWS Darley 6.jpg

stansdds

May 25, 2010
U.S.A., Virginia
What I find most interesting is that it is the magnetic mount version of the Junior Beacon Ray. Darley would install rebranded lights and sirens on their apparatus, but you would not be putting magnetic mount lights on an apparatus. I suspect this one was bought as an accessory from Darley.

Reactions: Skulldigger
We used to get Darley catalogs in the early 70s. Almost anything from Federal was available and rebranded. I’m inclined to believe it was not one of their commonly sold items…and the security mount tab is still intact. Great Score!

The chief of a nearby department had two 15s on the roof of his wagon...very popular option in the 60s as they were less expensive and didn’t require mounting/wiring.

Reactions: Skulldigger

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.