Want to replace failing dim Horton / REV flashing Chevrons.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
For those of you who don't know, REV group who owns Horton, Road Rescue, Marque, Wheeled Coach, AEV and more has a feature where you can cut 10-12 foot long 3 inch high holes into the back of the box of your ambulance and fill them with proprietary LEDs that like to fill with road grit and fail no matter which series you use.

trashcehv.JPG

My agency bought a demo that has these and I am sick of replacing them. I was thinking of mounting Whelen StripLite IIs over them, but I'm not sure if that will look bad or be difficult to wash. I don't want to keep supporting this "innovation" at $145 a pop when it was designed so poorly to begin with. I never would have put these on a truck I designed, but this demo was too good to pass up. Any other ideas? the lights LED portion is 11.5" x .65". The chrome is larger, but I'm not worried about that.

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Whelen Strip-Lites?
That's the current plan. There would be a little bit of hangover as far as the metal rings underneath showing. The other issue would be they would no longer be flush and people would probably damage them when washing the truck. But I have no other ideas that come even close to being the right shape. I wish you could still get the old wheel and strip lights that were skinnier but longer.

TJW

May 20, 2010
MB, Canada
John,

Have you taken a look a this product from Tecniq.

ur20v

Feb 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
A few weeks back I noticed one of the bambalances one town over from me has that light setup... was behind it that evening and damn near went blind when they hit the brakes and the right hand turn signal. Too bad it's an apparently terrible implementation because it was very effective.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.