Wanted Wanted: 48" Federal Aerodynic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prospect62

Jan 3, 2014
Central NY
Looking for a 48" Aerodynic for a Gran Fury restoration project.

I suppose I can always mess with lenses later, but I'm looking for primarily red with white take downs and alley lights, and a chrome center speaker grille section. 

Mounting accessories aren't too important at the moment, I can piece those together later. 

Let me know what you have. 

Thanks!

Dan

Jun 18, 2013
PA
So your looking for a Model 24M  what options are you looking for on the bar?   endlamps and alleys?   or just endlamps?

Prospect62

Jan 3, 2014
Central NY
So your looking for a Model 24M  what options are you looking for on the bar?   endlamps and alleys?   or just endlamps?
Yes, if you say so. You'll have to forgive me but the model number nomenclature for Aerodynics seems to have zero rhyme or reason whatsoever to this novice. It's like they picked letters at random after 24. 

I'm looking for a 48" 3.5 dome bar with red domes and white end lamps as takedowns (forward facing) and white alleys. That is my ideal configuration, but if I can't find one with the white takedowns I'd settle for all red lenses. 

Maybe someday someone can explain the entire Aerodynic model number breakdown to me! Ha!

Thanks!

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Yes, if you say so. You'll have to forgive me but the model number nomenclature for Aerodynics seems to have zero rhyme or reason whatsoever to this novice. It's like they picked letters at random after 24. 

I'm looking for a 48" 3.5 dome bar with red domes and white end lamps as takedowns (forward facing) and white alleys. That is my ideal configuration, but if I can't find one with the white takedowns I'd settle for all red lenses. 

Maybe someday someone can explain the entire Aerodynic model number breakdown to me! Ha!

Thanks!

The Aero's with a speaker in the middle are Model 24s      48 inch Aero's (3.5 segment) will have the "M" tag in the model number on its ID tag.   The other common letters A,E,H that you will see on the ID tag all refer to its factory Options.  E for Endlamps, A for Alleys, and H means Halogen (H1 bulbs).  It sounds like your looking for a model 24MEA or MEAH.

Just an FYI..  "M" series Aero's are generally harder to find... not that any Aero's are found easily anymore..   I may be able to help you with lenses or you can always go the new lense route and just find your frame..

I'll PM you with more information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.