Wanted: Clear Aerodynic lens sections

Pete L.

May 21, 2010
Virginia (south/central)
My first thought was that he needed the 1/2 dome sections to do a NYPD/NYFD bar.

The ones that go on either side of the speaker housing ???

Pictures of what you want will greatly increase the likelihood of finding it with this goofy crowd. . .  :haha:

-Pete

Prospect62

Jan 3, 2014
Central NY
I just need the half sections, as Pete Said. I am adding take downs to a bar which originally had no take downs. Like this...

[Broken External Image]:[URL]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a256/Prospect62/T2eC16NHJGE9nm3olNBQ9h8DtfIg60_35_zpsfcpa9kfw.jpg[/URL]

[Broken External Image]:[URL]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a256/Prospect62/KGrHqNHJEwFDV5SK2lHBQ9h0bMeGg60_1_zpskbvlavh2.jpg[/URL]

And they won't be going directly against the bulkhead or all the way outboard either. They'll be right in between two red sections in the middle of the bar. 

Pete L.

May 21, 2010
Virginia (south/central)
That said, do you need 2 female or 2 male sections or one of each.......................

Check the top of the halves that you need. Under that stainless strip, the sections will either be male or female.

If you look, you will understand what I'm saying.

I might have what you looking for.

-Pete

Last edited by a moderator:

Pete L.

May 21, 2010
Virginia (south/central)
Yes, the lip. The one pictured is female.

Sounds to me that you will need one male and one female for your project.

I think I have those out back. I'll check today and let you know.

-Pete

Pete L.

May 21, 2010
Virginia (south/central)
I did find 4 or 5 back there but they all had small cracks from being pulled apart.

I'm sure I saved them for one of my goofy projects that I never got to.

Sorry, I'm sure one of our other members might be able to fix you up.

-Pete

Prospect62

Jan 3, 2014
Central NY
Thanks Pete.

Just to clarify, I need one per side. Both facing front, one on each side of the speaker, just outboard of the half dome that goes against the bulkhead.

Thx

Engineer8307

Nov 19, 2014
Illinois/Chicago
Here is all that I have for sale:

I have a full 5 panel candy cane Aerodynic dome.

A 5 panel stainless strip

I red endcap

4 male and female clear sections

1 male and female red section

IMG_21511.JPG

Prospect62

Jan 3, 2014
Central NY
Sent you a message.

I still do not understand why I need a male and a female if they're both going on the front of the bar facing the same direction. But I guess you guys know more than I do!

Pete L.

May 21, 2010
Virginia (south/central)
I dug up the best male and female sections that I could find. They will need to be cleaned up. There

is a little red glued into the channel but you should be able to get it out.

Looking a little closer, the small cracks seem to be limited to the channels where Fed. Sig. glued these things together.

PM me with your zip code and I'll get you a shipped to your door price that won't break your bank account.

-Pete

ClrAeroSections 001.JPG

ClrAeroSections 002.JPG

ClrAeroSections 003.JPG

Pete L.

May 21, 2010
Virginia (south/central)
I still do not understand why I need a male and a female if they're both going on the front of the bar facing the same direction. But I guess you guys know more than I do!
Stand back a little and look at your bar. If you took the dome off of the right side and slid it onto the left side wouldn't the front and rear be reversed ? 

Jun 18, 2013
PA
Trust me (where have you heard that), for your project you will need 1 male and 1 female.

I will get you some pics tomorrow.

Any of you Aero people - feel free to chime in.

-Pete
I'd like to buzz in but my chime is broken...

Dan I believe Pete is correct.

With Aero Segments there are 2 things to keep in mind.   The top and the side of the segment..

The top (where the chrome strip is)  is either male or female and they latch together to form 1 complete segment front and back.    

The side are the grooves that latch into the next segment next to it or endcap if it happens to be on the end. 

so if your looking at the front of a dome starting in the center and moving to the endcap for the driver side dome the male grooves would be on the right,  with the female grooves on the left... terminating  with the endcap.

The rear would have the male grooves on the left side and the female on the right...  also terminating at an endcap

The Passenger side  is the exact reverse..  starting in the center front would be male left side  and rear would be male right side.

As for the top  it would be male top for passenger side front and male top for drivers side rear.. if we are just looking at the front of the bar..

I don't have them with me currently  so if I goofed it... my bad

Reactions: Pete L.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.