Wanted: Information for Vehicle Proposal

FreshDave04

Jun 30, 2010
Elkhart, IN
Hey, everyone...

Looking for anybody that might possibly be able to provide me with information on fleet incentive costs for the following vehicles (2010 model year, preferably): Ford F-150 SSV, Ford Explorer SSV, Chevy Tahoe PPV, Chevy Tahoe SSV, and Dodge Durango SSV.

I've been asked to put together a proposal (or attempt to, at least) for three new patrol vehicles for my small department. We require some off road capability, which is why we're looking at trucks and SUV's. We will become swift water rescue and EMT-B certified in the coming months. So, in addition to our regular patrol duties, we need the room and capability to carry lots of equipment, in addition to towing a rescue boat, as well as prisoner transport. I figured I'd try my chances here first, rather than deal with the snakes at the local Ford dealership. I've tried searching through Google over the last couple of days, but have largely come up short handed. I only need the base costs of the vehicles, not upfitting costs (i.e. - light packages, etc). Thanks!

NPS Ranger

May 21, 2010
Penn's Woods
1) Your state probably has a fleet bid price for the above basic vehicles, with at least one listed dealer guaranteeing they will sell for that price. Contact your state GSA or whatever they call it there and inquire, you may need to be a registered (authorized) purchaser to be able to browse the info online.

2) Get hold of a copy of Police Fleet Manager and contact the large national dealers of police package/fleet vehicles who all advertise there.

FreshDave04

Jun 30, 2010
Elkhart, IN
NPS Ranger said:
1) Your state probably has a fleet bid price for the above basic vehicles, with at least one listed dealer guaranteeing they will sell for that price. Contact your state GSA or whatever they call it there and inquire, you may need to be a registered (authorized) purchaser to be able to browse the info online.

2) Get hold of a copy of Police Fleet Manager and contact the large national dealers of police package/fleet vehicles who all advertise there.

Thanks for the info.

Our city is a part of a "coalition" of local governments that pools resources and buy vehicles at cheaper rates when purchased in bulk... They don't operate through the state. The rep for our municipality is the head of our municipal services garage... Our parks department administrative director was just looking to get approximate figures to include in next years budget - all we get is a list from the city garage of possible options - vehicles that are or will be in the current city's fleet.

Boss429

May 21, 2010
Pennsylvania
FireEMSPolice said:
I have never heard of an Ford F-150 SSV or Dodge Durango SSV :?:

I think he means F-150 SVT. Dodge does not make a Durango that is pepped up in performance.

Stendec

May 21, 2010
Contact the LA County FD Lifeguards. They have what would be normally considered a pretty odd fleet in this country, but it works for them. There are also scads of Toyota quad cabs in LE service around the world. I haven't followed Toyota since I went Honda, but they may be made in CONUS. Base price on a work-grade fleet model Tacoma or Tundra should be pretty competitive

Come to think of it, I've seen photos of a Ridgeline kitted out as a police truck here in the states. Cobbling in a prisoner partition would be the most difficult part, but only you know how important that is for you. The VSA/traction control system works great, so they will scoot pretty well, and have decent off-road abilities. Cost may be higher, because I don't believe that they have a fleet model.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHarrold000

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.