Warning lights wired to OEM "warning" equipment

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
At the Jail the other night with my CPA class there was a cruiser from Benton County, TN backing out of the sallyport.

As it was backing up the strobes in the back up lights were flashing. Also as the deputy had his brakes on the red lights in the rear of his bar were doing an acton flash (leds) I'm never seen anything like that and the Training Officer over the class thought it was kinda odd but a neat concept because when he was backing up it looked like he was running code.

Ever done anything like that in your installs? thinking about doing it now?

chfdbigbad

May 22, 2010
Cincinnati, OH
i saw a new ambulance in the cincinnati area do kinda the same thing. when in reverse the rear bar and the rear 900's on the sides flashed. most ambulances the rear scene lights come on but this is the first time ive seen the bar and sides come on. looks cool and very effective

charlie82

May 21, 2010
PA / USA
When I reverse our ambulances, all of the side and rear scene lights turn on, and all emergency lights turn on.

GaryErrol

May 28, 2010
Indianapolis
A couple years ago I saw an Indiana State Trooper backing out of a parking space with the strobes in his backup lights flashing. At the time I thought it was standard setup. However since I don't see many state troopers cars backing up, I'm not sure.

NPS Ranger

May 21, 2010
Penn's Woods
GaryErrol said:
A couple years ago I saw an Indiana State Trooper backing out of a parking space with the strobes in his backup lights flashing. At the time I thought it was standard setup. However since I don't see many state troopers cars backing up, I'm not sure.

They are not backing up, they are "pursuing in a rearward direction." :lol:

JohnMarcson

Administrator
May 7, 2010
Northwest Ohio
Horton ambulances flash the rear primary lights when in reverse

RL1

May 20, 2010
Ga
When I back out of the wash rack, I turn on my rear lightbar and deck lights since it's a blind 'intersection'. Also some people like to come around the corner a little quick, which is bad to do in a one lane area...

C420sailor

May 23, 2010
Virginia, USA
What if you want to back up without lighting up half of your rig/car? Is there a cut switch?

It sounds lazy. If I need lights I just flick the switch to on. Done.

Richard P

May 23, 2010
Sudbury, On
I wired my rear strobes, bck up beeper and rear work lights to come on in reverse, it just makes idiot driver aware that there other people on the road and theyre backing up.

cory y

May 21, 2010
While I don't like having strobes on while backing up, I do normally turn the arrow on to flash. Espicially at night.

dustymedic

May 21, 2010
Columbus,OH
JohnMarcson said:
Horton ambulances flash the rear primary lights when in reverse

It used to be an option, but I think any rig can now be programed to do it.

I also remember PD cars in upstate NY used to have auxiliary brake/turn lights mounted on the rear deck.

DaveCN5

May 22, 2010
South East Michigan
Most of the time you see ambulances and fire trucks with this option, not police cars. But with todays technology anything is possible. Our police Tahoes are programmed to have a different light bar flash pattern for every gear selected.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.