Warning: Streamlight Fire Vulcan

May 21, 2010
NJ & IA
Buyer Beware:

Well, I am rather annoyed. My first had LEDs burned out in the rear of it (Halogen model). My second one has a faulty switch (LED Model). I was rather shocked that about 20 feet through the door last night on training my light shut off. Now all it does is flicker if i hold the switch down. I am at a loss for words. At this point i am just returning it and not purchasing another one. I can find another way to spend $150 that will be more beneficial.

Maybe it is just luck that its not working out for me, but i do not think that there should be such a high failure rate for a product that is used by public safety members so widely.

[/end rant]

andrewsim

Jun 15, 2010
Northeastern, IL
I personally use mine for SAR activites so it is not put through the same stresses that yours was, but my LED Fire Vulcan has over 100 hours on it and is running strong. Warranty it out and if it happens again demand your $ back.

cory y

May 21, 2010
Funny... instead of just getting it fixed with the lifetime warranty that streamlight has on all their products.

All Leds are lifetime warranty, as are all switches.

In a nutshell the only things that arnt covered are batteries and halogen bulbs. Well that an user misuse and damage cause by neglience.

I warranty repair streamlight and there's not much that isn't covered. For example if you had sent that light to my shop it woulda been repaired and returned at no cost to you, other than shipping to the shop.

the warranty is there for a reason. Streamlight works very hard at customer service. Give them a chance before you badmouth them. Bad switches happen, leds go out. But its a free fix.

SurfCityCar2

May 20, 2010
Jacksonville, NC
A warranty is a warranty, use it.

Streamlight has been good to me over the years with one exception. I sent a regular rechargeable stinger in a few years back for repair and haven't seen it since. I argued with Streamlight countless hours over the phone, and haven't seen my beloved stinger in almost 4 years now.

Other than this one light, they have been great with warranty repairs and a fairly quick turnaround time too.

grfd711

Jun 23, 2010
Sherwood, AR
I've had to use Streamlight's warranty three different times, twice was on the same light. All three times they made good on the warranty. Not saying I'm completely happy I've had to use it, but at least they made things right in the end, which is what matters most.

May 21, 2010
NJ & IA
Guys I understand what you are saying. Maybe I am just frustrated that I am having a quasi bad stroke of luck with their products recently.

I still have streamlight products, and will continue to use them.

Batman88

Jul 24, 2010
NY
Try throwing the LED version on the charger. Mine did the same thing, just needed a charge. Instead of going dim like the halogen lights, the LED flashes when holding the switch on.

therepoman

Oct 10, 2010
phila pa usa
i have used streamlights as a firefighetr emt and in a work related capicity as a reposessor in 10 years never had a problem with one heck my streamlight in my truck is the same one i brought originally 10 yrs ago when i started in repo biz i suggest you give them another chance

Jordan_TCFD

May 22, 2010
Chattanooga,TN, Bryant,
cory y said:
Funny... instead of just getting it fixed with the lifetime warranty that streamlight has on all their products.

All Leds are lifetime warranty, as are all switches.

In a nutshell the only things that arnt covered are batteries and halogen bulbs. Well that an user misuse and damage cause by neglience.

I warranty repair streamlight and there's not much that isn't covered. For example if you had sent that light to my shop it woulda been repaired and returned at no cost to you, other than shipping to the shop.

the warranty is there for a reason. Streamlight works very hard at customer service. Give them a chance before you badmouth them. Bad switches happen, leds go out. But its a free fix.

Is this the same as on the regular halogen model?I think we have 1 or 2 with problems other than batteries or bulbs. Let me know.

Jordan,TCFD

Rofocowboy84

May 20, 2010
Centre County, PA
andrewsim said:
I personally use mine for SAR activites so it is not put through the same stresses that yours was, but my LED Fire Vulcan has over 100 hours on it and is running strong. Warranty it out and if it happens again demand your $ back.

You seriously use it for SAR? WAAAAAAY to bulky and cumbersome IMHO for that...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHarrold000

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.