Washington E-Trux in the house!

JediTalen

Jun 19, 2011
Bummertown, WA
Greetings from the left coast. I'm Mike and I'll be 40 way too soon. I run an E-Truck for several local and regional motorsports venues including IRDC, SCCA, and Rally America. As an E-truck operator I do a little of everything from towing and recovery to First-Responder level EMS (we have dedicated Paramedics on the team as well) and extracation (mostly I just lop the top off the car then get out of the way). If it's on fire I'll put that out too. On the rally stages this can be a little complicated particularly when the car is literally halfway up a tree...

My E-Truck is a 4x4 F-150 that is slowly growing a full compliment of Amber and a little green (green is used at rallies to signal that a stage is clear and can be reopened to the public) Starting with the MX7000 that is about to replace my trusty Code 3 420 Mag-mount bar that has served me very well. I'll be adding HAW's to the reverse lights and front corners and a set of amber leds behind the grill. Since I run rally stages at speed, and somtimes have to bull my way through crowds of clueless spectators, I also have an european two-tone air horn to keep me from sneaking up on anyone. I will probably add a PA systrem to the arsenal at some point. I also have a Kenwood TM-271a 2-meter radio mounted that will be upgrading to a TM-V71a Dual Bander so I can us it as a local repeater for better communications on stage.

I make my living as a Commercial Driver based in Tacoma WA, my residence is down the road a bit in Bremerton. I have some basic FireFighting and extracation experience from a stint years ago as a Volunteer Firefighter in my home state of New Mexico. I have been a certified First Responder but due to a serious lack of training oppourtunities for non-departmental types hereabouts everything I had has long lapsed. I am investigating the possibility of forming a CERT compromised of E-truck operators to address the training issue since most of us are rolling what amount to light rescue trucks we may as well make them useful away from the track too, right? A little grant money for the expensive gear wouldn't hurt either ;)

So I probably fall into the Whacker category around here since I do use my lights when I drag downed trees off the highway or pull the stuck police cars out of the snow, I've even been known to change tires on the side of the road to help my fellow motorists, but I'm trying to do better!

Mike

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RetLt2020

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.