wassup from Stamford New York

Aug 1, 2011
Ballston Spa NY USA
sup all. im a volunteer firefighter along with my dad down(or up depending where you are:D) in Delaware county. i have been looking at all of the lights that are for sale and i must say that there is quite a selection. a guy on craigslist referred me to this site for my lighting needs. perhaps i can find someone who is mechanically inclined when it comes to old fords?

our response vehicles consist of the following:

MAIN; 2000 Dodge Dakota 4.7l 4x4 with dual head LED dash light(blue) 2 led light heads in rear(one blue one amber)(primarily used for fire police)

SECONDARY; 1987 Ford F150 XLT Lariat 5.8l 4x4 with single Code 3 420 halogen mini bar(blue).

BACKUP; 2008 Kia Optima 2.4l with dual head LED dash light(blue).

this all started when my dad was a combination of volunteer firefighter, EMT and ALS intercept. at the time his primary response vehicle was a beast. a 1980 Chevy K5 Blazer 350 with 4 bolt main, 58" Aerodynic 8 rotator bar, grill strobe pack and 200w whelen siren(speaker came off an old 72 Cadillac Ambulance) and a federal signal Q siren. he is the one responsible for me wanting to do this stuff. currently, im working on getting my EMT certification and my dad is re-certifying after 15+ years. he is certified fire police while im not certified in anything yet. our station is an all volunteer station with 3 pumpers, 1 tanker, one rescue, and 2 Ambulances. we currently do not have a ladder truck and probably wont. our station is old.. it was founded back in 1847 as a volunteer station. whats funny is our station is the most reliable in the Stamford area. the Stamford FD isnt. for example, call goes out for a hay baler fire. tones go out 4 times and they dont respond. our station, Hobart Fire, was then toned because Stamford wouldnt respond. we were only toned once and we were on the scene in about 6 minutes.

anywho.. i have a video of mine and my dads trucks that i'll be posting later. the quality is crap however... i look forward to contributing however i can and would possibly like to do business with some of you guyes.

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
lafd55 said:
Welcome from northern Albany County.

Lol, only like 2 years late! :crazy:

Carlos SpicyWeiner

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 3, 2012
Lakeland, Florida
boy... if we only knew all the drama that would come after this thread was started :D

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkelly

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.