Waterproof Electrical Connector Plug

fordtruck661

Jul 31, 2011
CT
Wanted to know what everyone is using for waterproof connector plugs. Right now I have some cheap ones off of ebay and my searches have not turned up much. They are going to be used on a back rack for a truck.

Evtech161

Nov 9, 2016
Woburn
You can always try a marine supply shop... but if you can do without the plug.. solder and Heat shrink is the way to fly.. I've seen those other water proof conectors fail, and they are really way over priced

buddek09

Aug 15, 2012
US, Ohio
Weather-pack connectors, which are what are pictured in dmathieu's post. Can get them as single pin all they way up to 6 pins and handle up to 12 gauge wire.

Reactions: firebuff17

buddek09

Aug 15, 2012
US, Ohio
Also not sure what you're using them for but the Weather-Pack connectors are rated for a max 20 amps. Amphenol ATP's are rated for 25 amps but only offered as a 2 or 4 pin connection.

bullfrog4ever

May 29, 2014
Indiana
I've used Delphi Weather Pack connectors and Deutsche connectors. Both work well.

If I don't use those, then I either solder and heat shrink or waterproof butt connectors that have adhesive heat shrink on them.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilux01

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.