Wearable LED light to improve officer safety

okc_f150

Oct 3, 2013
Oklahoma City

Retired1

Jun 1, 2010
Woodward County, OK
tsquale said:
For the ULTIMATE eLightbars whacker...not only can you whack out your car with a million lights, but now you can whack out your uniform too!!!

*Siren sound not included and must be created by the individual wearing the light.

:duh: :weird: [Broken External Image]:http://www.fordfusionclub.com/images/smilies/legacy/EMODISThumbsDown01.gif

I believe a similar product was shown in another ELB thread and the siren sound WAS created by the individual wearing the light:

carguy411

Oct 25, 2011
ny
talk about ultimate flash back

as soon as you turn to your left or right you are going to blinnd yourself

i would say fail

Jarred J.

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 21, 2010
Shelbyville, TN
WHAT? NO no take downs for report writing?

version 2 will be a shoulder mic with siren abilitys with cutoff for radi transmissions

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
We need to pool some cash and buy two of these for Station 3. He can use them while in foot pursuit!

cstoof

Apr 5, 2011
wyoming
I'd like to see it in person. The idea is ok but I think it needs some work. Who wants to walk around with a lightbar sitting on their shoulder blinding the hell out of them? $200 is way over priced!

cstoof

Apr 5, 2011
wyoming
code60a said:
You must be new here, hmm?

I kid. But seriously, there are quite a few here.

I'm only a year behind you so I don't think I'm new here. But really, if I drove by and saw someone wearing that, I'd be laughing by ass off! It looks awful. I really like in the video how both officers turn it on before the arrest that dude. What a joke! I'm pretty sure like you said, there is a market for that thing. I'm sure the whackers and wannabe's would love the hell out of it. You can really tell me that you'd like to have that think on your shoulder! The video is more at home on epicfail.com!

cbpdogboy

May 23, 2010
Detroit, MI
In my line of work, I can see using this product on my k-9 while working in commercial truck lanes. This will make the k-9 more visible to the semi truck drivers. The price is a little much though. I use a bike led attached to his harness. Works great at around $10. Problem solved!

tsquale

Lifetime VIP Donor
Oct 12, 2010
Minnesota, USA
cbpdogboy said:
In my line of work, I can see using this product on my k-9 while working in commercial truck lanes. This will make the k-9 more visible to the semi truck drivers. The price is a little much though. I use a bike led attached to his harness. Works great at around $10. Problem solved!

Now that is an application that I never would have thought of.

Turd Ferguson

Jul 3, 2011
Sumner, Wa
tsquale said:
Now that is an application that I never would have thought of.

That's because you're too busy thinking about the application twice a day until the rash clears up. :D

mcpd2025

May 20, 2010
Maryland, USA
JazzDad said:
Station 3... while in foot pursuit!

Really... everyone else is just going to ignore this...?

Anywho... I have a Streamlight LED Stinger that has a strobe feature. If I am out in the roadway without my vest for some reason, I usually turn on the strobe function of the flashlight and let it illuminate my back. Either that or I put a cone on the flashlight and let it light up the cone. Either way, its a light I already have and always have on my belt.

Someone else mentioned it, but most decent ($20 and up) rear bike lights have a clip for attaching to clothing. They are easily available and rather inexpensive. God bless this officer for trying to be innovative, but this seems to solve a problem I never really knew I had...

Zapp Brannigan

Lifetime VIP Donor
May 23, 2010
JazzDad said:
We need to pool some cash and buy two of these for Station 3. He can use them while in foot pursuit!

Lol, Station 3 in a foot pursuit......

JazzDad

Aug 5, 2011
USA
Zapp Brannigan said:
Lol, Station 3 in a foot pursuit......

OK, maybe Station 3 running away from these folks.

gang.png

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bassslogic

About Us

• Since 1997, eLightbars has been the premier venue for all things emergency warning equipment. Discussions, classified listings, pictures, videos, chat, & more! Our staff members strive to keep the forums organized and clutter-free. All of our offerings are free-of-charge with all costs offset by banner advertising. Premium offerings are available to improve your experience.

User Menu

Secure Browsing & Transactions

eLightbars.org uses SSL to secure all traffic between our server and your browsing device. All browsing and transactions within are secured by an SSL Certificate with high-strength encryption.